Gauging Interest: Alex Ovechkin Signing

H-TownSuns

Founding Member
Credits
I know there aren't too many hockey collectors on this board, but I wanted to post this and see what kind of interest there might be. Ovechkin is appearing at the CSA show in Chantilly this coming Sunday and I e-mailed about volume discounts. He's listed at $120 Flats/Pucks and $150 Jerseys/Equipment. The first tier of discounts is 10 items and would be $90/$110 (still waiting to hear back what the next level of discounts would be). At the discounted prices, would anyone here be interested in sending anything to me to take to the signing? I'm not sure how the logistics of it would work, but hopefully I would be allowed to go to the back and not go through the line. This would be a sit down signing, so obviously pen color, signature location, etc. of your choice. With the signing being on Sunday, this could potentially go from a "Gauging Interest" thread to a "Signing" thread pretty quickly, but at this stage I just want to see if anyone is interested. I know $90 is a steep price, (and I'm sure I'll hear you can get some of the tougher baseball HOF'ers TTM or at shows for 1/3 of that price) but please don't give me any grief over that number, I'm in no way marking it up. My goal here is simply to give members an opportunity to get an incredibly tough hockey graph at a slightly better rate, as well as get Ovechkin's good autograph, which you can no longer get IP. If anyone is concerned about getting items to me in time I have several Capitals logo pucks and official game pucks, along with numerous 8x10's, that would be available at the exact cost of the item.

Please PM or post with interest.

Alan/Mods, hopefully I'm not breaking any rules here. Since this is an interest thread I'm not sure if it needs your approval prior to posting, but please delay posting or remove until approved if necessary.

shaw333

Premier Member
Credits
Id probably be in for a 8x10, one with him and crosby on it, but i would have to order it and i doubt it would get to you by sunday

H-TownSuns

Founding Member
Credits
Signing was actually this past weekend. I apologize for not being able to give more notice, he was a late addition and as soon as I saw it on the website I e-mailed about a volume discount.

I'll keep you guys in mind the next time Ovechkin does a signing around here.