Pirates Caravan

JSG1984

Founding Member
Credits
Pirates Caravan | pirates.com: Community

2009 Pirates Winter Caravan

The 2009 Pirates Winter Caravan will take place during the weeks of January 18-22 and January 26-29, and will make stops throughout Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia and Maryland.

The Caravan features school visits and public appearances by players, coaches, broadcasters, members of the front office and the Pirate Parrot. At each public visit, the participants will sign free autographs, meet with members of the media and discuss the 2009 Pirates season. In addition, fans will have the opportunity to purchase tickets for the 2009 Home Opener.

"We look forward to visiting fans throughout the region and thanking them for their continued support of Pirates baseball," said Pirates President Frank Coonelly. "This year's Caravan will be an ambitious effort to reach as many fans as possible throughout the region. Our 30 visits to communities in our region will be the most ever."

Two separate groups of players, coaches, broadcasters and front office staff will travel throughout the region during the two-week stretch. The 2009 Caravan will visit a total of 30 communities, an increase of 10 stops from last year, and is expected to cover over 1,700 miles.

Fans who wish to attend any of the luncheon events in select cities listed below should check back for contact and ticket information. Autograph signings at Dick's Sporting Goods and local malls are free and open to the public.

All players listed for the Caravan are subject to change.

2009 Pirates Winter Caravan tentative schedule

The charts they have on the website look a lot better than the following

Week 1, Group 1
Featuring manager John Russell, players Sean Burnett and Ryan Doumit, and broadcasters Bob Walk and Tim Neverett

PIRATES CARAVAN WEEK 1, GROUP 1 SCHEDULE
Date Town Time Event / Contact
Sun., Jan. 18 Somerset, PA 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. Seven Springs Mountain Resort; Autograph session, Pirates President Frank Coonelly attending, Pirates Trivia, Pirates Deal or No Deal, Guitar Hero with players
Mon., Jan. 19 Cumberland, MD 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Country Club Mall, autograph session
Mon., Jan. 19 Clarksburg, WV 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. Dick's Sporting Goods, autograph session
Tue., Jan. 20 Charleston, WV 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. Visit to South Charleston Middle School
Tue., Jan. 20 Parkersburg, WV 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. Grand Central Mall, autograph session
Wed., Jan. 21 Marietta, OH 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. Visit to Newport Elementary School
Wed., Jan. 21 Wheeling, WV 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. Wheeling Island, autograph session
Thu., Jan. 22 Washington, PA TBD TBD

Week 1, Group 2
Featuring third base coach Tony Beasley, players Paul Maholm, Nate McLouth and Ross Ohlendorf,
and broadcasters Greg Brown and John Wehner

PIRATES CARAVAN WEEK 1, GROUP 2 SCHEDULE
Sun., Jan. 18 Somerset, PA 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. Seven Springs Mountain Resort; Autograph session, Pirates President Frank Coonelly attending, Pirates Trivia, Pirates Deal or No Deal, Guitar Hero with players
Mon., Jan. 19 State College, PA 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Dick's Sporting Goods, autograph session
Mon., Jan. 19 Altoona, PA 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. Dick's Sporting Goods, autograph session
Tue., Jan. 20 Ebensburg, PA 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. Visit to Central Cambria Middle School
Tue., Jan. 20 Johnstown, PA 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. Johnstown Mall, autograph session
Wed., Jan. 21 Latrobe, PA 12:00 noon - 1:30 p.m. Luncheon, Gianilli's II
Wed., Jan. 21 Indiana, PA 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. Indiana Mall, autograph session
Thu., Jan. 22 Butler, PA 2:45 - 3:45 p.m. Visit to Butler Jr. High, Stand Tall Program

Week 2, Group 3
Featuring pitching coach Joe Kerrigan, players Matt Capps, Brandon Moss and John Grabow,
and broadcasters John Wehner and Tim Neverett

PIRATES CARAVAN WEEK 2, GROUP 3 SCHEDULE
Mon., Jan. 26 Punxsutawney, PA 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. Visit to Punxsutawney Middle School
Mon., Jan. 26 Dubois, PA 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. Dubois Mall, autograph session
Tue., Jan. 27 Ridgway, PA 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. Visit to Ridgway Area Middle School
Tue., Jan. 27 Franklin, PA 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. Cranberry Mall, autograph session
Wed., Jan. 28 Meadville, PA 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. Visit to Second District Elementary School
Wed., Jan. 28 Erie , PA 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. Dick's Sporting Goods, autograph session
Thu., Jan. 29 Greenville, PA 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. Visit to Greenville Jr. High School
Thu., Jan. 29 Beaver Falls, PA 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. Dick's Sporting Goods, autograph session

Week 2, Group 4
Featuring hitting coach Don Long, players Andy LaRoche, Nyjer Morgan and Jeff Karstens,
and broadcasters Greg Brown and Steve Blass

PIRATES CARAVAN WEEK 2, GROUP 4 SCHEDULE
Mon., Jan. 26 Laurel Highlands, PA 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. Visit to Laurel Highlands Middle School
Mon., Jan. 26 Clarksburg, WV 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. Uniontown, PA
Tue., Jan. 27 Weirton, WV 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. Visit to Weir Middle School
Tue., Jan. 27 Steubenville, OH 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. Fort Steubenville Mall, autograph session
Wed., Jan. 28 Youngstown, OH 12:00 noon - 1:30 p.m. Luncheon, Butler Art Institute
Wed., Jan. 28 Boardman, OH 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. Dick's Sporting Goods, autograph session
Thu., Jan. 29 Warren, OH 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. TBD
Thu., Jan. 29 New Castle, PA 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. Scottish Rite, Autograph Session

goaliegallagher

Founding Member
Credits
They aren't coming to Morgantown this year which sucks, b/c I probably won't make to any this year, b/c none of those lineups are worth a drive of more than 10 minutes (which I drove last year). The lineups look pretty garbage (so are the pirates though) compared to last year, where I got McLouth, Capps, Russell, Gorzelanny, and Walk in the SAME trip.

-gg

mrmain18

Founding Member
Credits
They aren't coming to Morgantown this year which sucks, b/c I probably won't make to any this year, b/c none of those lineups are worth a drive of more than 10 minutes (which I drove last year). The lineups look pretty garbage (so are the pirates though) compared to last year, where I got McLouth, Capps, Russell, Gorzelanny, and Walk in the SAME trip.

-gg

All the week 1 guys will be at Somerset (John Russell, Tony Beasley, Sean Burnett, Ryan Doumit, Paul Maholm, Nate McLouth, Ross Ohlendorf, Bob Walk, Tim Neverett, and Greg Brown and John Wehner). That's not a bad lineup AND they are stuck/trapped there for over 3 hours.

(I will also be taking 50/50s once I hear back from some of my regulars.)

I also still have your Ryan Whitney cards in my Pens book--he just needs to stop and sign them.

justinj31

Founding Member
Credits
Kevin me and Jeanette will see you at somerset. maybe we can catch some quaker steak before?

JSG1984

Founding Member
Credits
I'm planning on making excursions to:

Somerset, PA on the 18th (John Russell, Sean Burnett, Ryan Doumit, Bob Walk, Tony Beasley, Paul Maholm, Nate McLouth, Ross Ohlendorf, and John Wehner)
Wheeling, PA on the 21st (John Russell, Sean Burnett, Ryan Doumit, Bob Walk)
Washington, PA on the 22nd (as long as its in the evening) (John Russell, Sean Burnett, Ryan Doumit, Bob Walk)
and of course Piratesfest the 23-25th
Steubenville, OH on the 27th (Don Long, Andy LaRoche, Nyjer Morgan, Jeff Karstens, Steve Blass)
Boardman, OH on the 28th (Don Long, Andy LaRoche, Nyjer Morgan, Jeff Karstens, Steve Blass)
Beaver Falls on the 29th (Joe Kerrigan, Matt Capps, Brandon Moss, John Grabow, John Wehner)

mrmain18

Founding Member
Credits
I heard that if Ryan Doumit sees you that many times, he will take your soul since he has no soul of his own.

mrmain18

Founding Member
Credits
Kevin me and Jeanette will see you at somerset. maybe we can catch some quaker steak before?

You are seriously going to drive 5 hours for a Pirates caravan stop?!?!?!? There really is no Quaker Steak anywhere close to there. Somerset (and Seven Springs) is really in the middle of nowhere.

justinj31

Founding Member
Credits
You are seriously going to drive 5 hours for a Pirates caravan stop?!?!?!? There really is no Quaker Steak anywhere close to there. Somerset (and Seven Springs) is really in the middle of nowhere.

yeah i am that dumb. it will take me 3 hours to get there. i need ohlendorf to finish a team ball. i have stuff for all of them.i doubt i will get to goto piratesfest.

muwolverine22

Founding Member
Credits
Tue., Jan. 27 Steubenville, OH 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. Fort Steubenville Mall, autograph session

Anybody know what players will be here? It would be about a 4 hour drive but if mcclouth or a few others are here id consider making the trip, now that i scheduled no teusday or thursday classes this semester haha.