San Francisco Giants FanFest 2/6 tips

HRocket

Premier Member
Credits
Has anyone ever been to the SF Giants fanfest? I know tons of people go but what are my chances of getting autographs from the entire team at this event? Any info that you may have helps. Thanks for sharing.

bmac415

Lifetime Member
Credits
ill b there but its ridiculous. expect a crowd upwards of 20,000. they have booths set up and you will bill lucky to get more than 4 guys. you wait in line for hours and hours to get bruce bochy, kuiper, krukow, minor league scrubs, fred lewis, tim flannery. its really luck of the draw for who you get because they switch out lines i think every 45 min. so you could be in a line that starts out with matt cain in it and you get up there and andres torres is big guy in the group.

dersfan81

Founding Member
Credits
I agree with the above post. The autograph lines are all 1 1/2 hours plus and you have no idea who will be there when you get to the front.

I ended up having the most luck hanging out near the KNBR booth by home plate. The various KNBR hosts interview a ton of players and coaches throughout the day and most will sign a bit as they are arriving for their interview or leaving. A fair amount of people hang out there so it is a bit of a fight but I had a pretty good success rate getting the guys I wanted there.

Milkywai

Lifetime Member
Credits
They used to be pretty cool when they had it at the pier outside the stadium. Since they moved it to the stadium it has gotten crazy. Pretty much what Bmac415 just stated. It's a random auto with the autograph ticket and the players change as you're in line. Usually 1 auto per.

Some players also do radio interviews live, and sign on stage after they are done, so if you can get to the front or where the players exit the stage, you can get them to sign fairly easy. Advice is to bring 1-2 cards of everyone so you can guarantee yourself you'll get something.

HRocket

Premier Member
Credits
I know the event is free but what about parking? I bet you still have to pay since it's San Francisco, nothing is free there. Am I correct?

plbstew

Founding Member
Credits
Parking is free, entrance is free, but getting autographs sucks for the same reasons people listed above. I stood in one line for about an hour and got Bochy, Rowand and Erik Threets. Having 8 family members helped me to get a great amount on Rowand and Bochy, but I didnt have much for Threets and wasnt going to put the family back in line for a second go round so we let the kids do some of the activities before we left and spent the day in SF. Maybe in a few years i will forget the horrors of the day and try to go back, but the memories are still too fresh and discouraging