Texas Rangers - Newberg Report Book release and signing Dec 17 Arlington TX

Shawn_E.

Founding Member & MiLB Photographer
Website
www.myspace.com
Credits
This in an email I received from Jamey Newberg of www.newbergreport.com

It’s official – the book release party for the 2010 Bound Edition will be on Thursday, December 17, from 6:00-9:00 p.m. at Sherlock’s Baker Street Pub & Grill (254 Lincoln Square, a few blocks west of Rangers Ballpark). The private party will be non-smoking – definitely kid-friendly.

Autograph / Q&A guests will be Rusty Greer, Ian & Tess Kinsler, Scott Feldman (probably), Tommy Hunter, Derek Holland, and Chris Davis.

Admission is free – but the "cost" for getting autographs from our guests is the purchase of a 2010 Bound Edition, which you can pay for now (via PayPal) or at the event. (The guys will sign your baseballs, bats, cards, etc., too -- but you have to have the book to get autographs.) Limit three autographs per player.

Representatives from the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve will also be at the gathering to collect new, unwrapped toys for the Rangers/Toys for Tots program – which the Kinslers are the team spokespeople for. Please consider supporting the effort to help needy children in North Texas experience the joy of the holidays.

Follow-up reminders on Bound Edition orders:

1. Free shipping on November orders.

2. Starting December 1, a shipping and handling fee (the publisher’s, not mine) of $4.95 per order will be applied.

3. No shipping fee, of course, if you pick your order up at the party. If you’ve already ordered your books or plan to before the party, I need to know from you in advance whether you plan to pick your book(s) up at the party. Otherwise your order will ship to you a few days before that and may not arrive in time for you to bring it to the party for autographs.

So if you plan to come to the December 17 party and haven’t told me yet, please do that. Thanks.

Book ordering details: http://www.newbergreport.com/buythebook.asp

Jamey

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits
Now that is a collector-friendly set up!

Please keep me in mind if you have/get room, as I have stuff for all of those guys. Thanks!

Website
graphingwithevan.blogspot.com
Credits
I'll be there. I may have room for a couple things, not sure how much help I will have yet.

pm sent, if jeffbrown cant 50/50, i really need some help on kinsler. i can send a mini helmet and a romlb(you pick what to keep for yourself). and i can send a card each of hunter, holland, and davis for you

l-train

Premier Member
Credits
Shawn and Dallasfan, pardon my ignorance. I would like to attend this event -- do you have to be part of some special group to get to go? I see phrases in your email like "private party" and "if you plan to come to the December 17 party and haven’t told me yet, please do that." So, is this something anybody can go to, or do I have to be part of some club?

Thanks.

DallasFan

Premier Member
Credits
From what I understand on his website, (which isn't the best) you have to buy the book and let him know you will be attending. He asks when you purchase the book to let him know wether you want it shipped to him or you will pick it up there. You have to purchase the book in order to attend.