Tim Salmon Book Signing - This Saturday in Brea, CA

WiseAndEck

Mod/Founding Member
Credits
Tim Salmon signs book Saturday at Brea bookstore | salmon, book, angels - News - The Orange County Register

BREA — Among the Angels' most revered players, former Halo Tim Salmon will sign copies of his book, "Always an Angel: Playing the Game with Fire and Faith," on Saturday at the Brea Borders.

Salmon is expected to talk about the book and his career with the Angels and field questions from fans, said L Leigh, general manager of the bookstore. Salmon will appear there from noon to 2:30 p.m.

Dubbed by fans as the "King Fish," Salmon's book takes readers through his 14-year career and the Angels' transcendence from a fledgling ball club to one of baseball's premier organizations.

Salmon co-authored the book with Rob Goldman, a former Angels batboy who wrote "Once They Were Angels."

Salmon wrote about his career, but also what it was like to follow the careers of teammates such as Garret Anderson, Chili Davis, Chuck Finley, and Jim Abbott.

"To be 14 years in one place and really see the evolution of not just my career, but the careers of others and the whole organization ... I could never have dreamed I would be part of all that," said Salmon of the book during an interview on radio station KLAA/830. "It was really cool and I hope I've been able to express that in ways the fans can pick up on."

Salmon had a .282 average with 299 homeruns and 1,016 RBIs in his career in Anaheim, which ended with his retirement in 2006.

The outfielder hit 30 or more homeruns in five seasons and played a key role in the Angels' 2002 World Series Championship, when he belted two homers in the second game.

In his appearance Saturday, Salmon will only sign books purchased at the Brea Borders, Leigh said.

Store officials will hand out line tickets beginning at 9 a.m. and there will be additional parking behind the store.

For those who can't make it, Leigh said the store will take orders by phone and make sure the book gets autographed, as long as customers call before Saturday and provide a shipping address. Shipping is free, store officials said.

The Brea Borders is at 429 S. Associated Rd., Brea. The number is 714-672-0120

Graphgetter

Lifetime Member
Credits
"For those who can't make it, Leigh said the store will take orders by phone and make sure the book gets autographed, as long as customers call before Saturday and provide a shipping address. Shipping is free, store officials said."

Wow thats pretty cool. Not too many places would offer something like that for free nor go through the hassle of doing phone orders for free. They must be really trying to pump out this book.