Yankees-Brian Bruney, Football-Steve Smith, Derrick Ward

Pothole069

Founding Member
Credits
If anyone needs anything done, LMK. These autographs are NOT free. They are usually $15 each. They usually have photos for $5 each. If you have something that you need done, i can get if done for you but you will have to get the item and payment to me by this Saturday (1/24). Remember this is for a charity. Normally i wouldnt pay for these guys but i try to do my part in giving back while also getting something in return. PM me with any questions.

New York Yankees reliever Brian Bruney, New York Giants Steve Smith and Derrick Ward and NASCAR prospect Dustin Delaney will be in the Capital Region next Sunday as part of the annual Center for Disability Services telethon, to be seen 12pm to 7pm here on FOX23.

Bruney appeared in 32 games for the Yankees, 31 in relief, going 3-0 with a 1.83 ERA and 1 save. He is in his 3rd season with the Yankees after spending his first two big league campaigns in Arizona. He continues the parade of Yankees to come to Albany to benefit the consumers of the Center, a list that includes Jorge Posada, Joe Girardi, Shelley Duncan, Scott Proctor and hall of famer Rich "Goose" Gossage.

Bruney will join the FOX23 news team at the Holiday Inn on Wolf Road and will be signing autographs for fans at a time still to be determined.

He'll be joined in the sports area by two Super Bowl champions. Smith will make his second appearance at the telethon, coming last season on the week in between the NFC title game and the Super Bowl.

Smith caught 57 balls this season for 574 yards and 1 TD. His play down the stretch and in the playoffs last season played a huge part in the Giants Super Bowl title.

Smith bring with him his friend and part of the Giants "Earth, Wind and Fire" attack running back Derrick Ward. Ward rushed for 1025 yards and 2 td's for the Giants in 2008.

Both Smith and Ward are clients of National Sports Management, the agency run locally by JR Rickert, Mike Giorgio, John Massaroni and Ray Brownell.

Joining that trio, Mayfield's Dustin Delaney. A past sportsmen track champion at Albany Saratoga, Delaney now runs the Camping World East series, a feeder program for NASCAR. Delaney finished in the top 20 in 8 of his 9 races this past season.