1980 Phillies All Star/Number 2 Starter Dick Ruthven-1st appearance in 9 years

www.poppel.com

Premier Member
Credits
Dick Ruthven is a must for any 80 collector. CSA has a show in Oaks on April 16-17 and we are bringing Ruthven (actually my brother/sister in law) to the show. He will be there from 1-3 on Sat April 16th. This may be the last chance to get him and Lonnie Smith (at our Mar 5th show). Both are extremely tough. Why didn't we or MAB have either a few months back when 27 or so 80 Phils were at the 2 shows? Because they are so difficult to confirm for an appearance. Both great guys but rare opportunities to get both.

The Ultimate Collectibles and Autograph Show

www.poppel.com

Premier Member
Credits
Sounds good. I know for a fact Ruthven does not sign ttm. So come to the show or use CSA mail order for this one. Ruthven, Lonnie Smith and Bob Walk have become the last 3 gems for the 1980 colletors. I don't mention DeMars because he says he is too old to make the trip anymore. www.poppel.com

www.poppel.com

Premier Member
Credits
Probably. He is in we just need to find the right date/time. Been way to busy with multiple malls, store and signings at store. I would say yes just not sure when.

greedy19

Lifetime Member
Credits
Dang, $30/item?! I wish I would have gotten in on Tom Orr's signing last year @ $12/card! That's what I get for passing and now may have to shell out double plus for the one I need.

www.poppel.com

Premier Member
Credits
We base our show around people that attend. Mail order is a bonus but someone like Lonnie is desperately needed. If you look we are 99.9% the cheapest priced around. We just did a signing where our guy was $20 and the competitor in the same market was 40/50. We had Dallas Green and charged $15 when he was $25 -2 weeks later. Last time we had Lonnie we sold over 400 autographs. We have presold 130 for this one. I know for a fact there are 100's of 80 Phils collectors who disagree and are thrilled we have Lonnie. If you notice a trend Lonnie only works with 2 promoters. We are one of them and Tom is the other. Lonnie told me this 1st hand. We used to be $8 and then $12 on Lonnie in the day. The problem is someone drove up the price on all the 80 players. Lonnie at $20 is a steal when you consider Greg Luzinski was selling for $25 and Ramon Aviles was selling for $22 and then $33 per. I really don't know how well Lonnie signs ttm. I can tell you Ruthven does not sign at all ttm. Think about it. IF we have him at $20 and we are usually the cheapest do you think Tom will have him at $12 next time. By the way we have over 80 mail order pieces on Lonnie so apparantly he is not as easy as you may think. The prices rise on a lot of these guys and then gets passed along.

Does Ruthven sign TTM????????????????????
I already 100% know the answer to that.
When I say great lineup I am speaking of the at show people not mail. www.poppel.com
Thanks for your feedback.

El Scorcho

Lifetime Member
Credits
Not sure if your lecture is directed towards me or not....I will assume that it was. But it seems like I touched a nerve.

So - like I said. Nice lineup. Those are great ballplayers. Not my cup of tea for those prices. If Philly fans want to pay that - more power to them.

Also, Lonnie Smith is automatic TTM. FACT: I have 50 cards that he has signed for me TTM the past 10 years - not counting the dozens he signed for me in Richmond back in the day....if anyone wants one they can pay me a dollar for one. Or simply send me an unsigned Benny Distefano or something....I can see Benny this year in the Sally League.

www.poppel.com

Premier Member
Credits
The earlier post had very little to do with your post. I am glad you have had success with Lonnie. He's a great guy. Most of the world as per our returns has not via the mail. Besides the point was we bring in guests based on the at show crowd. Lonnie, Walk and Ruthven are all desperately needed in Phila area for 80 WS collectors. For the poster above Lonnie is $20 not $30 (Ruthven is $30). The point to the post was to alert 80 Phils collectors that a key member of the team was coming. He only comes here every 5-6 years. And with other commitments he is less likely to be that available. Getting a card signed TTM is great. A nice free item. Most of our customers are not coming for a card. They want a team item already signed by 5-27 members to be signed. They are much less interested to send it directly to a player and risk it not coming back or damage. And as earlier mentioned I emplore you to mail cards to Ruthven. I can 100% tell you he won't sign any ttm. He won't even return them. That is 100% a fact. Lonnie I never tried TTM, just going by what our customers tell us. Anyway the show for this weeking is looking good. Lonnie ($20) is set 10-12 and Holliday 3:30-4:30 ($15).

-------------------
And to continue getting word out Wilson Valdez was added to our April 2 Granite Run Mall Show with Daulton, Bedrosian, Samuel, Coste and more coming. www.poppel.com

Dick Ruthven (80 Phils), Bobby Shantz (64 Phils/Colt 45's) and Bobby Wine (64 and 80 Phils) are at the April 16th CSA show thur mp-events.net

Thanks
www.poppel.com