Okajima5678

Lifetime Member
Credits
if you people need freeman i would do it here hes is impossible now

jimjim

Lifetime Member
Credits
Care to elaborate?

The Braves have a few kiosks set up throughout Turner Field that are auctioning/selling items to raise money for the Braves Foundation. The autographed Braves items they sell are real and have mlb.com hologram stickers on them. However, they usually will have few items from the visiting team players also up for sale or auction. From my experience, these are forged autographs and have COA's from companies that I have never heard of. I contacted the Braves about this, and I spoke to the lady in charge of the program. She told me that the autographs were real since they were 'authenticated' and came with COAs. I explained to here that they were fake, and I offered to show her real exemplers. She never got back to me. Buyer beware.

Last edited:

pittgrad0214

Premier Member
born and raised in PA, Now living in Shelbyville K
Credits
The Braves have a few kiosks set up throughout Turner Field that are auctioning/selling items to raise money for the Braves Foundation. The autographed Braves items they sell are real and have mlb.com hologram stickers on them. However, they usually will have few items from the visiting team players also up for sale or auction. From my experience, these are forged autographs and have COA's from companies that I have never heard of. I contacted the Braves about this, and I spoke to the lady in charge of the program. She told me that the autographs were real since they were 'authenticated' and came with COAs. I explained to here that they were fake, and I offered to show her real exemplers. She never got back to me. Buyer beware.

This happens all the time at different charity events I go to. Someone donates a bad forgery to the charity with a bs coa, and takes the tax writeoff for the donation. Then at the sale or auction an uneducated and ushally casual collector overpays fair market value for the item assuming since it is a legit charity selling it, it must be a good item.

kthudmon002000

Lifetime Member
Credits
now we know why they always take so long to post the names .

someone posted on the other board about talking to a braves rep today at one of the stops

this is what he posted

i went to the one in my town today, since nothing else was going on. I started talking to one of the Braves reps who stated the reason they wait so long now to announce who is attending is so dealers won't have time to get "specialty items" for the players to sign! My reply to her was that hurts us fans as well as we don't have time to order photos or cards of players.

MidSouth Minors

Founding Member
Credits
now we know why they always take so long to post the names .

someone posted on the other board about talking to a braves rep today at one of the stops

this is what he posted

i went to the one in my town today, since nothing else was going on. I started talking to one of the Braves reps who stated the reason they wait so long now to announce who is attending is so dealers won't have time to get "specialty items" for the players to sign! My reply to her was that hurts us fans as well as we don't have time to order photos or cards of players.

With the lineups they have in most of the cities, there is no need to worry about "dealers" showing up with specialty items.

19Braves77

Charter Member
Credits
The Braves have been out of touch with reality with its fanbase for years. I once got in line for Jordan Schafer, a mascot, and Aurelio "Chino" Cadahia at a caravan and then almost did it again at a fanfest.

Last edited: