AL KALINE @ CONNECTICUT TIGERS GAME AUGUST 8

Shawn_E.

Founding Member & MiLB Photographer
Website
www.myspace.com
Credits
Hall of Famer Kaline to visit grandson | Connecticut Tigers News

NORWICH, Conn. -- The Connecticut Tigers are proud to announce that Detroit Tigers legend and Hall of Famer Al Kaline will be throwing out the first pitch to his grandson, Connecticut Tigers second baseman Colin Kaline, on Monday, August 8, as the Tigers take on the Lowell Spinners, with first pitch at 7:05 PM.
Kaline will also be signing autographs on the Dodd Stadium concourse prior to the game.

Known by many as "Mr. Tiger", Kaline had his uniform No. 6 retired by the Tigers on Aug. 17, 1980, the first Tiger ever to receive this honor and the same year that he was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Gates will open 30 minutes earlier than usual, as fans will be allowed in to line up on the concourse for autographs beginning at 5:30 p.m. There will be a two autograph per person limit.

Kaline will sign autographs from 5:30-6:30 p.m. and then toss out the ceremonial first pitch before to the game. His newest book, "Six: A Salute to Al Kaline," will be available for purchase in the Tigers Den, the Connecticut Tigers' team store. A few signed books will also be given away throughout that night's game.

The 18-time all-star, Kaline spent his entire 22-year playing career with the Detroit Tigers and has worked for them ever since retiring from the game. He is currently in his 55th year with the organization overall, now in the front office for a sixth year as a special assistant and advisor to the club's senior management. Following his outstanding playing career, he spent 26 seasons providing color commentary for Tigers television broadcasts.

Kaline was a 10-time gold glove award winner who led the Tigers to the 1968 World Series Championship.

Tickets to this and all games can be purchased at The Official Site of Minor League Baseball | Connecticut Tigers Homepage or by calling the Tigers' box office at (860) 887-7962. You can also buy tickets in person at the Dodd Stadium box office, open on game days from 10:00 a.m.-8:30 p.m. Monday-Saturday and 10:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m. on Sunday.

franco858

Lifetime Member
Credits
If anyones going I can 50/50 on 16x20's or pay for consignment. PM me asap, thanks!

-Franco

dabigticket

Charter Member
Credits
Knew he was coming to Norwich in August but didn't think they'd be an actual signing, good I'll be able to knock him out with ease then.

tigersfan12

Lifetime Member
Credits
I wouldnt be surprised that if that "two autographs per person" limit changes the day of the game. I'm not saying it's possible that it stays the same, but I dont think there's ever been a signing that he's done more than one at around here.

xmartyx

Lifetime Member
Credits
He's extremely friendly when you're getting your autograph for free.

MrMojoRisin

Lifetime Member
Credits
I wouldnt be surprised that if that "two autographs per person" limit changes the day of the game. I'm not saying it's possible that it stays the same, but I dont think there's ever been a signing that he's done more than one at around here.

He did 2 per when his grandson was in the Northwoods League but about 20 minutes into it they changed it to 1 so everyone could get through.

Sharpie

Lifetime Member
Credits
Make sure all you CT area graphers request the HOF80 from Mr. Kaline. He loves doing this for his fans, especially at free signings that are 2 per. Request him to switch from his black sharpie as well. He's just a wonderful baseball guy!