Bob Horner Appearance

icee82

Premier Member
Credits
For you North Carolina guys, Bob Horner is going to be at L.P. Frans Stadium in Hickory, NC on Saturday, May 30. Here is what I found out yesterday from the Crawdads' management. Originally I was planning to go and attempt to be in the right spot at the right time for an autograph but my strategy has changed. They are selling "meet and greets" for $25 which also includes a meal. You are guaranteed about three minutes with him if you pay for this and you can get multiple autographs from him. The Crawdads are going to have him doing different things and he "might" sign after the sixth inning but it depends on his agent. It did not sound very encouraging. I just thought that I would throw this out for everyone so that you can work on your "game plan".

bigmac

Lifetime Member
Credits
Bob is a great signer.He was at the Rome Braves game last week signing for 1 hour.Those that got in the gates at 5:30 got everything put in front of him signed.I saw The Roman Soldier and his frien each get at least 12-15 cards signed.I got a bat and 4 cards.He was extremely nice and very talkative.

icee82

Premier Member
Credits
I totally forgot to update this. The event went down and it was ran quite smoothly. In fact, the Crawdads seem to have their act together when it comes to hosting events. Last summer, they did a phenomenal job on the South Atlantic League All Star game and this event was handled quite well. Props to the Crawdads' organization. There were quite a few people there but it went smoothly.

icee82

Premier Member
Credits
Yes he did inscribe and he was VERY, VERY friendly. It was well worth the $25 and I am not even a Braves' fan.