Bobby Ayala

psugator02

Lifetime Member
Credits
A good friend of mine in Arizona is doing a signing with former pitcher Bobby Ayala, who I've been told is close to being homeless. Here is the email I received a few days ago:

I will be doing a private signing with former Red/Mariner/Expo/Cub pitcher BOBBY AYALA on Sunday, October 14. I must have ALL items received no later than Saturday, October 13.

I completed a signing with him Sunday, September 23 and have finally worked out the details for an official signing. Bobby has NOT signed in years. If you need him, now is the time to get him---he's very difficult to get and he does NOT sign in the mail.

Prices are as follows:

ANY Item:

1 - 4: $13 per
5-plus: $10 per

Payment Method:
Cash or Money Order (preferably). PayPal is a last resort option

Please send all questions, concerns, or orders to docv28@hotmail.com. Also, please make sure to tag your items and list any special instructions such as Sharpie color if other than blue. If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks.

buccopride

Lifetime Member
Website
www.przins.com
Credits
Any idea what caused his financial problems? After seeing 30/30 Broke interested in the downfall. Wiki. states an issue with alcohol that led to his Seattle release. He was always a good signer.

psugator02

Lifetime Member
Credits
no idea but i can find out from my buddy. will get back to you

docv28

Premier Member
Credits
One of the big factors to Bobby's troubles in life was substances. I knew him in the minor leagues in the early '90s and he was no different than many; he liked to have a few beers. I know he had arm issues in Seattle and beyond and that pain relievers were something he got addicted to. From pain relievers and alcohol to drugs---it all played a role. It's a pretty damn sad story because he's still very good guy. I finally caught up with him about a month ago and this was some 22 years after I first met him. There's so much more about his story that it's kind of hard to believe, but stories like his are out there.

docv28

Premier Member
Credits
The Ayala signing was a success this past Sunday. I will be doing another one with him in a couple of months. Thanks.