Cardinals Spring Training Fanfest

Espen1978

Lifetime Member
Credits
Has anyone heard anything about this for this Spring? Date? Times? Setup?

woods1999

Lifetime Member
Credits
I have heard from a reliable source (long time season ticket holder) that they are changing the format. When you buy your season ticket you will get a ticket for the BBQ with a number on it, this is the order they will let you in for autographs. They are giving out numbers such that long time ticket holders will be in the front; and if you have never purchased season tickets you will be in the back. My source said he had numbers right around 100. I called the ticket office to buy a season ticket and was told that my number would be in the 2000's (I passed on the ticket).

psugator02

Lifetime Member
Credits
I have heard from a reliable source (long time season ticket holder) that they are changing the format. When you buy your season ticket you will get a ticket for the BBQ with a number on it, this is the order they will let you in for autographs. They are giving out numbers such that long time ticket holders will be in the front; and if you have never purchased season tickets you will be in the back. My source said he had numbers right around 100. I called the ticket office to buy a season ticket and was told that my number would be in the 2000's (I passed on the ticket).

this is exactly what's going to happen

KDOG4187

Premier Member
Credits
Anyone know if the Marlins plan to do the same or will they hold it the way it has always been?

Graphgetter

Lifetime Member
Credits
Will the entire team be signing autographs like in seasons past?

I'm going to guess No. When we won in 2006, the ST 2007 signing had only 10 players and was voluntary. Best name was Adam Wainwright and second best name was Josh Kinney to give you an idea and went downhill from there.

Espen1978

Lifetime Member
Credits
Thanks. I finally heard back from the Cards staff, and they told me the date was going to be March 3rd. They explained to me that the tickets being given to you were going to be done in order of how you paid for your season tickets. So the first person to pay in full got #1, second #2, ect. I guess time will tell to see how it works.

psugator02

Lifetime Member
Credits
Donnie mcgwire told me today that everything about the event was going to be the same except for what was stated above. Like graphgetter said, i was concerned that not every player would attend. But he said the person he spoke to said every player would be attending. Maybe donnie can take it from here.....

Espen1978

Lifetime Member
Credits
so did you hear anything about the order in which people are going to be let in? Seniority or by payment completed?

Also, I have two extra tickets for the event. If you are interested, shoot me a PM.

cartographer

Premier Member
Credits
At last year's reception, almost every Cardinals player and coach was at the signing. Colby Rasmus walked away before time was supposed to be called and Wainwright was a no-show due to injury, but just about everyone else was there including Albert. The lines were getting out of control last year, with people lining up at dinnertime the day before 1 pm signing, so they changed the ticketing policy so that the first one to get their payment in gets the the first ticket (as Espen described above). The other change from last year is that the signing time has been extended from 60 minutes to 90 minutes, but with 2000+ attendees, it still might not be possible to get to everyone even if you're #1.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the line dynamic with Albert gone.

Anyway, I have an extra Cardinals signing ticket in the low 300s (sucks for me that I receive my mail on the West Coast). I would like to trade it for a Marlins signing ticket with a number lower than the 300s. Please PM me if you've got an extra Marlins signing ticket and you want to make a trade. Please include your signing ticket number with your PM.