Carl Erskine Private Signing

Bleed Blue

Premier Member
Website
collectingsportsautographs.blogspot.com
Credits
APPROVED BY ALAN

Indy Autographs is pleased to announce a private signing opportunity with former Dodgers pitching ace, Carl Erskine on Saturday, June 12, 2010.

Carl Erskine played his entire career with the Brooklyn/Los Angeles Dodgers as a starting pitcher. Erskine won a career high 20 games in 1953 and set a World Series record that season with 14 strikeouts. Erskine won a World Series in 1955 and was an All-Star selection in 1954. During his career with the Dodgers, Erskine was part of winning 5 NL pennants and played alongside other legends like Duke Snider, Roy Campanella, Gil Hodges, Pee Wee Reese and Jackie Robinson.

A total of 7 no-hitters were pitched across the major leagues in the decade of the 1950s and Erskine pitched two of them. Erskine pitched one against the Chicago Cubs in 1952 and one against the New York Giants in 1956.

Erskine finished his accomplished career with 122 wins and 981 strikeouts. He wrote two books chronicling his time with the Dodgers. In 2002, Brooklyn honored Erskine by naming a street after him.

The pricing menu for Erskine is listed below. We are making this signing extremely affordable to allow the most collectors to get quality items signed.

Cards - $8
Any Item - $10
Our 8x10 - $15
Our ROMLB - $25
Inscriptions – First one FREE! $3 for each inscription after.

Send all items with appropriate payment, return postage or SASE to the address below. We accept cash, money order and PayPal.

Brian Herbert
1100 North Drive
Franklin, IN 46131

Contact me with any questions and to receive all terms for this signing.

Email - brian@foldedmayhem.com
Phone - (317) 902-2407

Items must be received no later than Monday, May 17th. Payment accepted by cash, money order or PayPal.

Chad

Founding Member
Website
www.sportsautosttm.com
Credits
Doesn't he sign through the mail for free?

Yes, at a 97% success rate, and adds whatever inscriptions you ask. He also sends an extra signed card of his own. But, maybe people who don't like sending requests TTM might want to go with the private signing route.

El Scorcho

Lifetime Member
Credits
Doesn't he sign through the mail for free?

I am glad you asked that question. I was going to...but I thought better of it since I would be accused of "hijacking a paid private signing thread".

To answer your question, YES, he signs for free. Let's hope he will continue to do so after this thing goes down....

Bleed Blue

Premier Member
Website
Credits
Everyone should not fear for now that Mr. Erskine will quit signing TTM. He plans to continue to sign TTM, however he is hoping to have a signing every once in a while to help raise money for Special Olympics and other charities he supports. I offered to do the signing in an effort to help him raise those funds. We are doing the signing at cost, which is why everything is priced so affordably.

I assumed that there would be some interest for those who are concerned about sending things TTM. This would be a great chance to get balls or other equipment items signed without the risk. Hopefully others will still consider the signing after the TTM messages were posted. Thanks.

ringer

Founding Member
Credits
If you can't find cards I'd recommend a ball - I believe your own ball is $10 from the above pricing. He gives a nice graph - I got him at Vero one year. I'm very stingy when it comes to getting someone to sign a ball, but IMO he's worth it - you could argue he should be in the Hall.

Bleed Blue

Premier Member
Website
Credits
If you can't find cards I'd recommend a ball - I believe your own ball is $10 from the above pricing. He gives a nice graph - I got him at Vero one year. I'm very stingy when it comes to getting someone to sign a ball, but IMO he's worth it - you could argue he should be in the Hall.

I would certainly agree that if he didn't leave the game because of a should injury I think he would definitely be in the Hall. He was very prolific when healthy just didn't have a lengthy enough career. You can tell he's a legend since Brooklyn named a street after him.

His signature is great and he has lot's of potential for inscriptions with his no-hitters, WS champ, nickname, etc. He's a great guy, too. That is why I am doing the signing with him regardless of his TTM stats. I think people will want to support him and he is truly a class act.