Earl "The Pearl" Monroe - NYC 5/17

jbk150

Founding Member
Credits
Earl Monroe is signing at 1PM at J&R Music World at 15 Park Row in NYC on Saturday 5/17. I called J&R yesterday and they confirmed. They said you could bring any item (didn't say how many).

skillz

Premier Member
Credits
I might go depending on how late my basketball practice runs.

jbk150

Founding Member
Credits
Scam

Well, headed down to J&R after twice (yes twice) being told that he would sign anything you brought. I was #15 in a line of about 20-25 people. As it turned out, he would only sign a photo they gave out at the place. I felt kind of bad screaming "you mean I wasted my time coming down here" in front of Pearl who was as nice as could be to absolutely everyone.

I joined a gentleman and his wife in profanity laced tirades with 2 of their 'managers' (these two as it turned out drove an hour and half each way from Long Island to get a floorboard signed). The manager said "it's not our fault, it's up to them. I replied that it IS there fault that they gave out wrong information when people called instead of saying "they didn't know" when, in fact, they didn't know. I told him it was the same premise as false advertising (saying something not true to get people into their store).

To the credit of book signings, they usually say you can bring your own items but they don't guarantee anything.

If anyone went to the signing because of my post, I apologize for your time you spent.