Ernie Banks - Hokoham Park, Mesa, AZ 3/25/09

AutographMike

Premier Member
Credits
I dont think this is a signing, It is part of the Fergie Jenkins celebrity game there as I saw an ad for it in the park last week. I think its like 25.00 for a VIP ticket to get on the field where they sign so youre not guarnteed him.

Mike

ricdik

Lifetime Member
Website
www.sportautographs.net
Credits
That's good to know. If you or anyone else plans on taking a shot at the event, let me know. I really need Banks for the collection I'm trying to build.

I went to the Jenkins event last year. It was really disorganized for autographs. They let a few people get graphs on the field then stopped it b/c the players were signing at tables, immediately after inteoductions. The problem is no one knew that. Then they adverised HOFers like banks, fingers, marchial, Williams & a few others, but wouldn't sell their ticket until they arrived. The autograph ticket sellers have no idea when players arrive so some might be at a table with no one in line for their graph. The players only sign for like 30-45 minutes but you could wait that long in the ticket line, which they only take cash. It was $10 to get in, $25 for meet & greet on the field, $20 for graph or $40 for graph & ROMLB ball.

I suggest getting their early & buy all the tickets early, then go back in line for tix for any late arrivals. FYI banks was on the list last year but near showed, along with a few other no shows.

I have a few extra banks from my hanging at wrigley that I can sell. Let me know if your interested.

mankey21

Premier Member
Credits
I recently spoke to the guy that is in charge of this event, he told me that Ernie Banks is 50/50 as to if he is gonna show or not, but said "I wouldnt count on it". He also told me that this year they are going to have the Hall of Fame players in attendance sign for $40 per signature, and that the $25 "meet and greet" ticket will let you on the field where the non-Hall of Famers may or may not sign depnding on if they want to or not. If you go on the "Fergie Jenkins Foundation" website, there is a link to players confirmed as on 2/13/09 and Banks is not listed.