Former AZ Fall League MVP Grant Desme

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
I really wonder why you post a deadline for sending cards and then extend it a couple times “because others want to send”. Those of us who understand the concept of obeying the rules which you clearly stated in your initial post are interested. Initial deadline and signing date shouldn’t be announced if you are planning on changing it. This signing should have been much easier. Sorry to question this but those of us who listened to your initial deadline are curious.

Last edited:

joboo

Founding Member
Credits
Is this really a life and death situation that your Desme's have not come back yet? I mean, I like autographs as much as the next guy/gal on this forum, but the frankly incessant bitching because Alan was being nice and holding it up a little is getting ridiculous. It is a freaking autographed piece of cardboard! It isn't medication, food, etc. Please put it in perspective.

Just my two cents.

MrMojoRisin

Lifetime Member
Credits
Is this really a life and death situation that your Desme's have not come back yet? I mean, I like autographs as much as the next guy/gal on this forum, but the frankly incessant bitching because Alan was being nice and holding it up a little is getting ridiculous. It is a freaking autographed piece of cardboard! It isn't medication, food, etc. Please put it in perspective.

Just my two cents.
I think you missed the point. There was no reason to hold this up. Get the cards sent in on the time promised, send to player, he signs and returns them. Easy. Why drag out a Desme signing for over 2 months?

Last edited:

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
I’m not in desperate need of a couple Desmes...he did, after all play for my team two seasons ago BUT I agree with Mojo...and if this had been a signing done by anyone else but Alan, well the board would be all over them. Just saying.

joboo

Founding Member
Credits
I think you missed the point. There was no reason to hold this up. Get the cards sent in on the time promised, send to player, he signs and returns them. Easy. Why drag out a Desme signing for over 2 months?

I don't know, maybe Alan is trying to extend some courtesy to other graphers, something which is lacking a lot and ruining the hobby. Again, why make a big deal of out it? Does your life depend on getting your signed Desme cards?

joboo

Founding Member
Credits
I’m not in desperate need of a couple Desmes...he did, after all play for my team two seasons ago BUT I agree with Mojo...and if this had been a signing done by anyone else but Alan, well the board would be all over them. Just saying.

Frankly, many of the others who set up signings are idiots who have no business doing so and they rightfully deserve the board to be all over them. Anybody remember the Michael Burgess and Adrian Cardenas signings from years ago? Total cluster f*cks. At least from what I understand and granted, I have not participated in any of Alan's signings, is that they are done professionally and those who participated are happy with their returns.

MrMojoRisin

Lifetime Member
Credits
I don't know, maybe Alan is trying to extend some courtesy to other graphers, something which is lacking a lot and ruining the hobby. Again, why make a big deal of out it? Does your life depend on getting your signed Desme cards?
Get off your high horse. Why set a deadline? Maybe Alan should have made it longer than he did to get stuff in. He's not even on the thread updating it. He asked for our cards and $ at said time and most did it. U seem too close to Alan. If we made a trade and I went AWOL with your stuff and $ you'd be doing the same thing. So don't give me any crap about ruining the hobby. The dealers with pages and using kiddos to graph have done that.

Last edited:

joboo

Founding Member
Credits
Get off your high horse.

I would but I don't want to step in any horsesh!t.

The terms of the offer changed. Alan clarified that he was extending the deadline. You could have asked for your money and cards back. You choose not too, therefore you accepted the terms of the modified offer. I don't think he is AWOL at this point and in fact, indicated he was not cashing your check until the signing. Maybe Grant has not gotten the cards back. Alan could certainly clarify that. I think he has made good on all his deals and he runs this site. I don't see him starting now. And while I do know Alan, have graphed with him in the past, and consider him a friend, since I have not seen him in 20 years a long lost friend at this point, I ain't stroking his c*ck. He is as full of crap as the rest of us and especially full of it on the Rutschman signing. But that is besides the point. If anyone else was running this signing in the same way Alan was, I would say the same things.

I never said you were ruining the hobby. I just said that the lack of courtesy is, as are dealers and using kiddos, as well as inconsiderate tools who won't call anybody over, but will jump in front of those that do, those who don't say thank you, those who don't seem to know what a roster is and constantly ask who a player is, those who make no attempt to even try to look at the back of a card or a roster to see there is only one 6'9' black or hispanic player and ask who it is when they come out. Pretty much anybody who got into the hobby with the advent of the internet, eBay etc, minus a few exceptions, have ruined it.

Bottom line dude, life is too short to piss and moan so much over some signed cards. Save that for more important things like medications not coming in when they should have, a missed paycheck, etc.

Good luck in life and your graphing!