Granderson, Willis, Robertson, Thames

sprtsstar4ever

Founding Member
Credits
The Official Site of Major League Baseball: News: Major League Baseball News

Granderson, fellow Tigers Dontrelle Willis, Nate Robertson, Marcus Thames and others will get together on Saturday, January 26 for the inaugural Curtis Granderson/Grand Kids Foundation Celebrity Basketball Game at Avondale High School in Auburn Hills. The competition will pit current and former athletes from the Detroit area against the Flint area......

Granderson and other participants will take part in an autograph session following the game......

So far, the list of participants includes several current and former area athletes. Former National Football League players Tyrone Wheatley, Barry Stokes, Andre Weathers and Courtney Hawkins are slated to take part, as are former NBA sharpshooters Willie Burton and Jeff Grayer. UFC competitor Rashad Evans, professional boxer Anthony Dirrell, local high school football star Jonas Gray and WDFN radio personality Clarence Black are also scheduled to hoop it up......

Tickets for the game cost $15 for adults and $10 for kids age 10 and under, and are available at Grand Kids Foundation. Admission for the postgame autograph session is an additional $10. The doors will open at 5 p.m. ET, with tipoff scheduled for 6 p.m. ET. .....

btrochlil22

Charter Member
Credits
Can anybody 50/50 Granderson on 8x10s?

xmartyx

Lifetime Member
Credits
Will anyone be able to do Willis?

AutographMike

Premier Member
Credits
I bought my tickets for this today but I cannot take any items for it. For those of you that want Granderson send me a PM I have him on some extra
8x10's.

Mike

sigman101

Lifetime Member
Credits
I purchased my tickets to this event over this past weekend. As of right now, I am not taking items as I need to take a look to see who I have items for on those rosters.

Last edited:

tigersfan12

Lifetime Member
Credits
I was thinking about going to this, but I wasnt sure by the wording of the article if it would be worth it to go to. The "other participants" could be anyone that was playing in it, and not even Dontrelle, Thames, or Robertson. To me, it just seems to loosely written to be able to place whoever in for it.

xmartyx

Lifetime Member
Credits
I emailed the guy the other day, and this was my response:

If Dontrelle signs autographs, he will be able to sign a ball you provided. No baseballs will be sold at the event.

On Jan 6, 2008 6:45 AM, Marty wrote:

Dear Mr. Fuller,
Hi. I just want to be sure on this. Dontrelle Willis will be signing autographs during the session, but I cant bring my own ball? And we will be able to purchase baseballs at the event to be signed? Thanks for any help.

Marty

AutographMike

Premier Member
Credits
I dont see Willis not taking part in the signing session. He signs every time you see him and already has done some charity events around Detroit. Id be stunned if he dosnt take part in the signing.

Mike

xmartyx

Lifetime Member
Credits
I was thinking the same thing...