Hellickson Signing - WTF

Kassis10

Premier Member
Credits
Hey everyone, so as we all know this signing was planned months in advance with terms agreed too. I get to Florida on Saturday met up with Jeremy at the Trop and he says were still all good and to call him Monday before 12 so I can get directions. So I call him around 11:30 Monday to get directions and he goes on to say well hey I am doing a signing with Topps this week as well and they are paying me $20 per so that is what it is going to have to be now. Needless to say he would not budge, so now I am back home after driving 2,000 miles at almost $4 a gallon with nothing to show. So for everyone that sent in, please send me a PM as I can still get this done soon but at a cost of $8 more than you have already sent in. Otherwise I will be mailing out refunds starting in 48 hours so that those who are in have time to respond. If you have any questions feel free to post here or pm me.

Thanks,

Larry

Graphgetter

Lifetime Member
Credits
Did you have a contract with him or just a verbal agreement? Ive seen guys try to back out of written and executed contracts. Ive also seen guys back out of verbals, one was mid-signing, and there's not much you can do with that.

Graphgetter

Lifetime Member
Credits
I know the $$ part means nothing to him in the grand scheme of things but half a loaf is better than none. His persistance for that extra $8 may cost him the original $12 altogether (again not like he's losing sleep over it but it's the principle of the matter).

AutographMaster

Moderator and Lifetime Member
Website
www.freewebs.com
Credits
I'd also like to know if there was a written contract. Personally I hope so, as players are really unreliable and a verbal contract just isn't enough when any kind of money is involved.

Kassis10

Premier Member
Credits
Hey guys, there was no written contract. I started talking to Jeremy about this signing back when I did the Jennings signing in Indy.

Kassis10

Premier Member
Credits
This is the one and only time I will do one without a contract. I spent my 1 week of vacation for the year as well as my wifes to go down to Florida and get stiffed.