Joe Flacco - last minute

Buster1776

Premier Member
Credits
I just heard about an hour ago, that Joe Flacco will be doing an autograph signing/fundraiser for the Delaware football team tomorrow from 5-6:30 pm at the National 5 & 10 on Main Street in Newark, DE. The prices are pretty cheap for an NFL QB. $10 for anything bought in the store and $20 for outside items and 50% of the proceeds go to the program.

I will not be attending the signing, but I am sure they'll get a decent turnout.

justinj31

Founding Member
Credits
National 5 and 10 Online

Beginning at 10 AM on Thursday morning, at the 5 & 10, we will hand out approximately 250 "tickets" that will enable the holder of said ticket access to a priority line. The tickets will be handed out on a first come, first serve basis with only 1 ticket per person. We will not reserve tickets by phone or in person. In the interest of giving as many different fans the opportunity, we are limiting autographs to one per person. I know it's not an ideal system, but with only two days to prepare the logistics are real issue. IF and/or when we hand out all of the tickets and time permits during the signing non-ticketed fans will get an opportunity. I still haven't had a chance to discuss the photo opportunities but hope to have more on that later this afternoon.

This really comes down to limited time and potential safety issues. We really just don't have an idea as of what to expect. At least if the demand in the morning is really high, we have the day to adjust our plans accordingly.

The current thinking on pricing is pretty simple. If you are buying something in the store (mini helmet or autograph football, etc.), we're going to charge a $10.00 additional fee for the autograph. $5 of which will be donated to UDFB in Joe's name. If the item is something you already own, whether it came from our store or not, the fee will be $20 with $10 going to UDFB in Joe's name. We will also have 8X10 ($14.99 with autograph) photos available along with a limited supply of 11X14 ($24.99 with autograph) and 16X20 ($39.99 with autograph) also available. Again, a portion will go to UDFB in Joe's name. All of the photos are from Joe's days at Delaware.

As we are really just interested in catering to fans that are looking for memorabilia for their personal collections, we are not providing certificates of authenticity.

I do want to reiterate the point that we didn't know this was happening until Monday afternoon. As such, our supplies of mini helmets and autograph balls are not particularly deep. If you so choose, you can buy your items and pay for th autograph earlier in the day and bring them back with the receipt for the signing. If for some reason you don't make it back or we run out of time, we will gladly refund you purchase price as long as our normal return criteria is met.

I will continue to update as I know more.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to make this an enjoyable event for everyone involved.

-Brian Handloff

Buster1776

Premier Member
Credits
Thanks for posting this J. Sorry I didn't glean this information earlier. Sounds like it should be a treat. I've been there before (not for a signing) but it's pretty damn tight.