Lastings Milledge+ HURRY! 1 hour to go!

JBsouthFan

Founding Member
Credits
Sorry, but I JUST found this out, starts in 1 hour, Paul LoDuca will be there as well:

*** MEDIA ADVISORY ***

What: Press gathering to welcome new Nationals outfielder Lastings Milledge to Washington, DC
* Milledge, 22, was acquired from the Mets in a three-player trade on November 30.

Who: Nationals outfielder Lastings Milledge
Nationals Vice President and General Manager Jim Bowden
Nationals manager Manny Acta

When: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 3:30 p.m.

Where: Washington Square
1050 Connecticut Avenue, NW
8th Floor
Washington, DC 20036

*** Please note that due to the location of this event, television will be unable to go live ***

fishr

Founding Member
Website
www.turkeypotpie.com
Credits
Happen to have any of the '06 '52 Rookies Milledge cards? I need one signed for my set...

jbsouth

Founding Member
Credits
Thanks jbsouthfan

Brian helped me out big time on this one.

Was the only person that was there when Milledge came down from the press conference-- got him on a SS ball. He went in the gift shop-- and then I asked him if he minded signing a 52 Rookies on his way out. He said no problem. One more for the set knocked out. I believe I'm now at 20 to go.

He was very friendly.

Did not see LoDuca, though he was definitely there. I couldn't stick around long.

JBsouthFan

Founding Member
Credits
Brian helped me out big time on this one.

Was the only person that was there when Milledge came down from the press conference-- got him on a SS ball. He went in the gift shop-- and then I asked him if he minded signing a 52 Rookies on his way out. He said no problem. One more for the set knocked out. I believe I'm now at 20 to go.

He was very friendly.

Did not see LoDuca, though he was definitely there. I couldn't stick around long.

Glad someone got this thing done...lol Paul was there since he was interviewed along with Lastings for local TV/Radio at the same time. I had to be at work at 4pm , so there was just no way I could squeeze this one in, even if it would have been "fish in a barrell". I talked to my "peeps" in DC and they said Lasting will be at the Caravan stops, but didn't know about LoDuca yet. This was news to me since I haven't heard ANYTHING about the caravan this year. I'm sure it will be a "shotgun start" like last 2 years, poorly planned, poorly run and poorly attended.