Nashua Event next Thursday w Grissom/DeShields

jbsouth

Founding Member
Credits
I am willing to buy a ticket and give 5 cards for one signed on Bell, DeShields and Grissom.

Please PM ASAP if you're going

DENNIS “OIL CAN†BOYD AND BILL LEE TO PITCH AT HISTORIC HOLMAN STADIUM

Boston Red Sox legends Dennis “Oil Can†Boyd and Bill “Spaceman†Lee will join forces with other former Major League baseball stars on Thursday, May 17 at 5:30 PM to take on the Nashua Pride in an exhibition doubleheader at Historic Holman Stadium. “Oil Can†Boyd’s Traveling All-Stars will be making a stop in Nashua to promote the heritage of the great Negro League style of baseball and the tradition of barnstorming.

Joining Boyd and Lee for the event are former Major League standouts Marquis Grissom (Expos, Braves, Indians, Brewers, Dodgers and Giants), Delino DeShields (Expos, Dodgers, Cardinals, Orioles and Cubs, Derek Bell (Blue Jays, Astros, Mets and Pirates), Sam Horn (Red Sox, Orioles and Indians) and Ken Ryan (Red Sox and Phillies). Both Horn and Ryan were key members of the Nashua Pride in 2000 when the Pride captured the Atlantic League championship.

sprtsstar4ever

Founding Member
Credits
I just need to find out my work schedule, and if I'm not working, I will be able to go and help you out on Bell and DeShields. Someone has already contacted me regarding Grissom.

otter

Founding Member
Credits
If you do I would like to get Oil Can and Bill Lee

kjamidon

Set Master, HOF Member and Former Mod
Credits
someone get a 1986 topps cards and i will, well, send something worth more..haha

sprtsstar4ever

Founding Member
Credits
I am going by the way. I work 9-5 but will be able to go. I assume the autograph signing is between games.

Bensontim

Premier Member
Credits
Cpurv said:
Hey does anyone know if Grissom has a limit for how many he will sign for you. I got 9 cards for him, do u think hel do them all?

For your sake I hope he does, but I doubt it. There aren't that many players who play at a pretty high level like Grissom did for over 15 years in the majors and sign a page of cards at one time this recently out of retirement.

sprtsstar4ever

Founding Member
Credits
Ok, for the autographing this is how it works:

30 minutes before the game they will have a couple players doing it, then between games they will have the rest doing it. I am going to try and get out of work early, so I can make it on time as I really don't wanna miss anyone.

topprospect16

Banned
Website
www.freewebs.com
Credits
DO NOT SKIP WORK...NONE OF THESE GUYS ARE WORTH LOSING YOUR MONEY

STRAIGHT FROM OIL CAN HIMSELF:

"Most guys aren't here yet and won't be until mid-summer"

No shows included:
Grissom
Ken Ryan
Derek Bell
Sam Horn
Ty Griffin
Chris Howard
Kevin Mitchell

Pretty much the only guys who were there that had cards were:
Delino
Oil Can
Wendall Macgee/Magee
Bill Lee

I wanted to ask for a refund. Delino (strict) and Oil Can were one per. Magee signed whatever because nobody had anything of him. Bill Lee was doing whatever as well. Very dissapointed in this event as NOBODY they advertised was there. Biggest waster of time, money, effort. I could have stayed and waited for Jacoby Ellsbury in Pawtucket, but nooooooooooooo decided this was better, boy was I wrong. Some of the people playing for Oil Can's team were signing IC's with ONLY there last name, most didn't even speak English. For those going tomorrow a couple players who actually spoke English said Benard Gilkey and Ken Ryan were joining tomorrow in Nashua. Wouldn't even waste my time or money