Negro League signing in Maryland

rockcity

Premier Member
Credits
SHOW Website

11 former negro leaguers signing at this show. Admission $6 doesnt say if theres a fee for signings. Anyone in the area willing to get something done for me would be willing to pay admission etc.

Last edited:

linus521

Charter Member
Credits
I actually live about 5 minutes from here, but unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to make it. If my plans change, and I am able to make it, I'll hopefully be able to get multiples which I would be willing to trade/sell.

rockcity

Premier Member
Credits
Let me know. Id be interested in an official ball signed by all and a single signed ball of Mamie Peanut Johnson. Also would be interested in individual photographs if availble.

linus521

Charter Member
Credits
I won't know if I can go until Sat, but if I do go and am able to secure multiples, you will have first crack at everything.

MetsFan4Life

Charter Member
Credits
I won't be going to this one. But I use to love going to these types of signings when they would be done in the NY/NJ area. All the old Negro leaguers are great!

rockcity

Premier Member
Credits
Yeah I have a number of negro league examples in my collection. I just picked up for $7 dlvd a great book called the Negro League Autograph Guide by Keving Keating and Michael Kolleth. Has great biographies and signature examples of hundreds of Negro League players and executives. Really awesome information and I would recommend it to anyone Who is interested in the subject. It also has some good information on handwriting analysis and could be useful tool to any vintage autograph collector.

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits
rockcity said:
Yeah I have a number of negro league examples in my collection. I just picked up for $7 dlvd a great book called the Negro League Autograph Guide by Keving Keating and Michael Kolleth. Has great biographies and signature examples of hundreds of Negro League players and executives. Really awesome information and I would recommend it to anyone Who is interested in the subject. It also has some good information on handwriting analysis and could be useful tool to any vintage autograph collector.
That's a great book and $7 shipped is a steal! Keating is one of the leaders, if not the leader, in Negro League autos. It's a great book for flipping through and dreaming of the sigs you could buy if you hit the lottery!