No Braves FanFest 2009 ?

19Braves77

Charter Member
Credits
Heard from a credible source that the Braves will not have a fan fest due to the cost of renting out the GWCC and the stadium not being an ideal situation. Instead you would see an extended caravan schedule that featured more players. That sucks for a major league team to worry about the cost of renting a convention center.

mnphotoguy

Lifetime Member
Credits
Thats too bad. I went last year (I am from Minnesota) with my Dad and we had a fun time. However, I did have the "elite" pass that allowed me to enter the front of every autograph and photo line which made the whole weekend worth while. If it werent for that the whole weekend would have been a bust because of the long lines for autographs. I heard people only made it through once and didnt even know who they were getting.

19Braves77

Charter Member
Credits
I went the pass 4 years and this is the weekend they usually give you a flier thru the mail advertising it and telling you the christmas ticket package price along with the 6 games you get. They sent the ticket info but nothing else.

BravesfanTaylor

Premier Member
Credits
that sucks i went last year and it wasnt up to par as for the autographs. but overall it was better because it was indoors. i live in florida i go to this to help give me a hand up for st. so this year its going to be tuff because of the wbc.

fishr

Founding Member
Website
www.turkeypotpie.com
Credits
Apparently the Braves need all the money they can find to purchase a starting pitching staff worth a crap on the free agent market...

After the debacle known as FanFest earlier this year I'm not at all surpised they aren't doing it any more. They need to have it at Turner Field again as they did in the past. Sure, it's typically cold, windy and wet that day but the crowds are smaller, parking is free and only those who want to stand in lines all day are required to pay an entrance fee.

The caravan never comes near the Atlanta metro area as it's meant to drum up support in the outlying regions. Most, if not all, of the stops are during the day on weekdays as well!