Pete Vuckovich signing (not cheap)

Laws

Founding Member
Credits
Just wanted to post this here hope this helps some, this is too much money for me though:

December 20, 2008

Time: 12:30pm - 2:30pm
Location: Legends of the Field Gallery-814 Rose Drive (Hartland, WI)
Pete Vuckovich (Brewers)

1982 AL CY Young Award Winner

Over 25 years in the making, Legends of the Field Presents

An Exclusive Opportunity of a Lifetime.

The Toughest Autograph in Brewers History IS Finally a Reality.

It’s Now Finally Time To Complete Your Team Signed Pieces.

Legends of the Field Gallery
814 Rose Drive
Hartland, WI 53072

Legends will host the signing at their Corporate Offices and 4,000 square ft. Showroom Gallery.

Phone Inquiries:

Hartland 262-367-1300 or 888-6-PLAYER (Mon-Friday 8AM-6PM)

Delafield 262-646-2925 (7 Days a week until 8:30PM except Sundays until 3PM)

Gurnee 847-855-200 (7 Days a week until 9PM except Sundays until 6PM)

Date: December 20th, 2008

Time: 12:30-2:30 PM

Public Tickets

Basic Category Ticket: Baseballs, Flats, Mini Helmets, Small Bobble Heads $129

Authentication: Pete Vuckovich Hologram and Certificate of Authenticity $10

*Early Bird Special Save up to $30 on the 1st 100 Tickets Sold

*Save $20 on each Autograph & receive the $10 Pete Vuckovich Hologram & COA Free of Charge.

*Pay only $109 Total (Sorry, Only available on the 1st 100 tickets Sold, so please hurry!)

Premium Category Ticket: Jerseys, Art, Bats, Large Photos 20x24 or larger, Equipment, Team Signed Limited Editions $159

Authentication: Pete Vuckovich Hologram and Certificate of Authenticity $10

*Early Bird Special Save up to $30 on the 1st 100 Tickets Sold

* Save $20 on each Autograph & receive the $10 Pete Vuckovich Hologram & COA Free of Charge.

*Pay only $139 Total (Sorry, Only available on the 1st 100 tickets Sold, so please hurry!)

*Sorry, No Inscriptions or Personalization’s.

*We will however be offering a Laser Engraved LE of 50 Cy Young Stat Ball. See below to order.

Private Signing Drop Off or send in

All items must be dropped off at any of the 3 store Locations in Hartland, WI. Delafield, WI or Gurnee, Illinois no later than December 15th.

Send in Prices same as above. Please call to verify if Early Bird Special is still available. Only the 1st 100 in each category will save.

Return Shipping is $9.99 on all single signed items sent in for the private signing.

Additional insurance is available when your value exceeds $100 and is highly recommended on your Team signed items.

Or Have Pete sign one of our items add

*8x10 Photo Advanced Purchase Special $5

*16x20 Photo Advanced Purchase Special $25

*MLB Official baseball $15

*Legends Exclusive CY Young Stat Engraved Baseball LE50 $35

*Official Rawlings Baseball Bat $35

*Check website for other unique Vuckovich Offerings

Mail items w/ instructions to:

Legends Corporate Office
C/O Vuckovich
814 Rose Drive
Hartland, WI 53029

Visit Authentic Autographed Sports Signed Collectibles and Memorabilia for more details and drop off locations.

To call for inquiries

262-367-1300 - Legends Corporate Office and Gallery where Pete will be!!

262-646-2925 - Legends Delafield , WI Store

847-855-2000 - Legends Company Store, Gurnee Ill,

Baseball Career and Biography
Vuckovich developed a reputation for bizarre, hyper-competitive behavior during his eleven season career. He would fidget, twitch, pace, and convulse while on the mound. He was known to cross his eyes and stick his tongue out at batters. He would spit in his glove, scream at umpires while in the stretch, and sometimes step to the back of the mound and dry heave. His colorful personality made him a fan favorite.

After minimal duty with Chicago from 1975-76, Vuckovich was selected by the Toronto Blue Jays in the 1976 expansion draft. Even though the young Blue Jays lost 107 games in 1977, and although mostly used in relief, Vuckovich managed a 7-7 record with eight saves. He recorded the first shutout in Toronto franchise history, a 2-0 victory over Jim Palmer and the Orioles. He also recorded the first save in Toronto franchise history on April 7, 1977 versus the Chicago White Sox.

Involved in a multi-player trade to the St. Louis Cardinals, Vuckovich's career went to the next level. Since 1978 he started more often, winning 39 games for the Cardinals during three years. He finished third in the National League in ERA with a 2.55 mark in 1978, and ranked fourth in shutouts (3) in 1980. A part of a seven-player trade in December 1980, Vuckovich came to the Milwaukee Brewers along with Rollie Fingers and Ted Simmons.

With the Brewers, Vuckovich continued his stellar pitching. He led the American League in wins (14) during the strike-shortened 1981 season. When Milwaukee won the AL pennant in 1982, Vuckovich won the Cy Young Award with an 18-6 record and a 3.34 ERA.

He lost Game Two of the ALCS to the Angels 4-2, but led Milwaukee in the game in their clinching victory, leaving in the seventh inning down 3-2. In the 1982 World Series, the Cardinals beat him 6-2 in Game Three, and he got a no-decision in the final loss.

But things would never be the same again. Vuckovich had been battling shoulder pain for two seasons, and in spring training 1983, it was discovered that he'd torn his rotator cuff. Vuckovich skipped surgery in favor of an exercise rehabilitation. He attempted an unsuccessful comeback for three games and went 0-2 in 14 innings, and then missed all of 1984. Subsequent and prolonged comeback attempts all failed, and by the end of the 1986 season, Milwaukee released Vuckovich.

In an eleven season career, Vuckovich posted a 93-69 record with 882 strikeouts and a 3.66 ERA in 1455.1 innings pitched. In postseason play, he was 1-2 with a 3.74 ERA.

Following his retirement, Vuckovich worked for three years as a sportscaster for the Milwaukee Brewers. In 1992, he was hired by the Pittsburgh Pirates as a pitching instructor. Since then, he worked his way up through the Pirates organization to the position of Assistant General Manager. As of the 2006 season, Vuckovich was serving as a Special Assistant to the GM.

msd1172

Lifetime Member
Credits
He's super tough, one of the toughest so if you need him for a project and can actually go in person then I would highly recommend doing so.

I would not however recommend sending them mail order as they are 2 for 2 in screwing mine up royally, and it wasn't even a complicated send in. Their customer service sucks and I will almost guarantee that some sort of mistake will be made, either wrong color pen, wrong location of signature, incorrect or missing inscriptions (even if you paid for them), incorrect or missing items returned, incorrect or missing refunds as these have all happened to me in one way, shape or form in the two times I have sent them items...and mind you, all I sent them were three baseballs with instructions that a monkey couldn't screw up, but they did.

In person, go for it and congrats on scoring a tough one even for the price...mail order...forget it...because more then likely it's gonna get come back wrong.

If you want more info on how badly they screwed up my orders then PM me and I can go into the details, but by far and away they are one of the worst promoters along with Triumph and GTSM.

Buster1776

Premier Member
Credits
GTSM gets my #1 slot for worst promoter of all time. Took filing a claim in court of common pleas to get $$$ refunded. Gary T is a complete d-bag.