Phillies ALS Phestival

dd316

Charter Member
Credits
I'm going this Monday night but I've never gone before. Anyone have any insight or tips for me?

Here's what I do know - they have two players per auto station and you get two stations per admission. I've heard that if lines are empty they let people in those stations for $5 even if you already used your two stations. Do they give you tickets to present at each station or something?

Are announcers usually there?

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
Haven't gone to this for a few years but they do give you tickets for the two stations you receive as part of your regular admission. Those tickets are randomly selected so you could really get anyone. I also think that you are able to trade them....to other people who want them that are standing around and may have ones that you want. ( I would guess that this goes on somewhere...not sure where if its inside or outside before the gates open?) I They do sell other stations as well. At least they have in the past. Some of those will sell out very fast depending on who is at them. But you will need a ticket for ech station. As far as the broadcasters being there...YES. Harry Kalas has done the photo booth in the past..I don't think he is scheduled for one this year so I would expect to see him maybe paired up with a player somewhere signing in a booth. Its pretty hard to predict which players will be paired up together...unless the Phillies announce it beforehand....I doubt that will happen but you never know. Everyone who is connected to the team is usually involved in some way as this is a major charity event. So come prepared for seeing anyone! Its always a fun event and brings in quite a large crowd.

dd316

Charter Member
Credits
I went and had a great time. There was a bunch of confusion about the auto station tickets, but they had volunteers that were very helpful. Here's who I got, all 1/1:

Harry Kalas
Larry Andersen
Gary Matthews

Geoff Geary
Jon Leiber

Francisco Rosario
Charlie Manuel
Abraham Nunez

Ryan Madson
Brett Myers

I'm trying to finish the Phillies 2006 Team Set and I was able to add 5 more towards completion. I paid $5 for the Rosario/Manuel/Nunez station, and $10 for the Madson/Myers. I don't know why that one was $10? I handed the lady a $10 bill and she didn't give me change. I said "I gave you a $10 bill" she said "This one's $10." Normally I would have said nevermind (already have Madson many times) but Myers is tough and I wanted to get a nice sig from him for my set so it was fine.

Also they had grab bags for $20, some of which had anything from game used memorabilia and autographs to leftover giveaways. I got one that had a Ryan Howard bobblehead and green Phillies hat. My cousin bought one that had a Carlos Ruiz signed ball, pretty nice.

Also tried "Every Roll's A Winner" where you roll 6 big dice and whatever the total number matched a prize board you won that. I ended up with a Media Guide and a mesh hat. So I didn't win anything real exciting but I was at least happy to get a couple hats.

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
Sounds like you did well! Thats a pretty nice haul for that event. That is kinda strange about the Myers and Madson table being more expensive than the rest..I wonder if the extra money went to Myers charity (I cant remember what it is...I read somewhere he was working to raise money for a child that had some hard luck or something) Yes he is a very tough one to get. How was the line for him and were others paying 10 as well? I would have asked the woman taking the money how come this line was more expensive than the others. You would think that there would be something notifying people of this.

dd316

Charter Member
Credits
gorphils said:
How was the line for him and were others paying 10 as well? I would have asked the woman taking the money how come this line was more expensive than the others. You would think that there would be something notifying people of this.
It was right at the end, by the time I got in line there were maybe 10 people ahead of me, but the line quickly grew as time got more limited. They were trying to move the people through as quickly as possible so I would assume others were paying as well, didn't have much time to think, lol. They did try to move people with actual tickets for that station to the front, although why they waited til 5 minutes before the end I have no idea. Some lines they were making general announcements about being available for $5 and others I just had to ask the lady working the line.

Like I said quite a few things were confusing but if you asked the right people you could get answers.

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
Yeah sometimes things get pretty rushed at the end of that because the players want to get the heck out of there.. :D It just seems strange that the cost was double of the other lines. I never heard that happen before.