Possible Nolan Ryan Signing?

hcbooker

Premier Member
Credits
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061211/BUSINESS/61211032

Principal Financial Group Inc. has hired baseball legend Nolan Ryan to represent the Des Moines-based financial services company next year in appearances at baseball parks across the nation.

For several years, Principal has sponsored a marketing event that it calls Family Fun Fest at minor league baseball stadiums. Ryan, a hall of fame pitcher who broke records in strikeouts and no-hitters, is the owner of two minor league teams in Texas.

Ryan is scheduled to visit the Iowa Cubs on June 23, followed by the Cedar Rapids Kernels on June 27, Quad Cities Swing on June 29 and Omaha Royals on July 1.

Bensontim

Premier Member
Credits
jbsouth said:
You can get Ryan for $25 through his foundation... Quite a good deal.

I thought there was something in that neighborhood of price. I'm actually surprised it is that cheap. Is it cards only for $25? Is there a website. Heck Zach Greinke was selling autos of himself for $25 on his site back when he was a prospect.

70to66

Lifetime Member
Credits
The foundation charges $55 for a ball or 8x10 that you provide and
ships back thru ups at a charge of $ 7

cubsphill

Founding Member
Credits
i found out yesterday about this when my dad went to get tickets for the season. they said it wasnt actually nolan ryan, its a nolan ryan "look alike"

according to them several area newspapers were incorrect in that they printed the rumor.

dd316

Charter Member
Credits
cubsphill said:
i found out yesterday about this when my dad went to get tickets for the season. they said it wasnt actually nolan ryan, its a nolan ryan "look alike"

according to them several area newspapers were incorrect in that they printed the rumor.
What the heck is the purpose in that?

"Wow, I got an auto of a guy that look like Nolan Ryan!" :confused:

qbyankee

Credits
cubsphill said:

Are you serious?!?