Reds fest--What's new??

Max Huff

Premier Member
Credits
Havent been to Reds Fest in a few years. I was wondering if they changed the way they operate it. Anybody in the know?

billyclydescat

Premier Member
Credits
I moved to Cincy like 4 yrs ago. Always wanted to, but never went before they quit doing it due to the reconstruction of the Duke Energy Center. I have, however, been to the past two yrs. I can tell you there will be 4-6 different autograph lines, all on separate ends of the convention center. They usually have like 2 players at each line, signing for an hour at a time. They don't announce who is going to be where, and the lines start backing up well before the set times for signing. So unless you have friends that have cell phones, you'll be on one side of the place, and just have to wait in line, and won't have a clue who is signing at the other lines. Being from the area, I usually play phone tag with my friends, and we all kinda figure out who is where, if you're there by yourself, that would be impossible. Last year I got like 10 autographs on Friday, and maybe 6-7 on Saturday.

Again, I never went to the old redsfest, but I've heard several people that were standing in line saying that it is nowhere near as good as it used to be. However, for the price, I think its a good deal, when you look at like the Cardinals fan fest, where I'm told you have to pay to get in, and then have to pay for each autograph you get.

mrmain18

Founding Member
Credits
Actually, it's pretty easy once you figure out how to play the game. I was only able to go on Saturday last year and I still got over 50 things signed.

Max Huff

Premier Member
Credits
Well that is a little more encouraging. Might do for my winter graphin fix. I went the year of the snow storm and about ran out of cards.