Rey Quinones Signing

Kyle Young

Lifetime Member
Credits
is this the current O-Tigers' Hitting Coach?

warjohn

Lifetime Member
Credits
There really isn't anything to update, Rey was unavailable for the first appointment that we set up with him but everything should be signed this week and be back to you the start of next week. It would be later this week but I am going to be out of town for a few days.

warjohn

Lifetime Member
Credits
Here are a few photos of the signing with Rey. It was pretty funny Rey practiced on the box because he said he hadn't signed autographs in so long he wanted to make sure he did it right.

Here are a couple of interesting things he said he has only signed "a few" autographs since he got out of baseball. He didn't like signing autographs because he said that people would yell at him and call him names when he would sign also when he was with the Pirates Bonds use to tell him his job was to play baseball not sign autographs.

Also, he said that he does get mail from time to time but doesn't like signing it. He didn't really elaborate on why he just said he doesn't.

We do have extra cards signed by Rey if anyone is interested just shoot me a PM.

We are also setting up another signing which I will put in another post. Plus we are working on a few names that I think people will be really excited about so hopefully we can get them done.

reyq1.jpg

reyq2.jpg

reyq3.jpg

reyq4.jpg

reyq5.jpg

reyq6.jpg

reyq7.jpg

alanmoore

Administrator
Staff member
Website
www.sportsgraphing.com
Credits
I havent been this excited to read a thread since, well, EVER!

I will be down to 7 cards for a complete blue Sharpie signed 1989 Upperdeck set. For a set thats 791 cards (9 checklists dont count), its been a great challenge over the past 20 years. WOW, 20 friggin years I've been plugging away at that set. Man, time flies when you're graphing.

If anyone know of ANYONE with these signed in blue, I'll pay HUGE:

Bo Diaz 1989 Upper Deck Baseball 169
Dave Concepcion 1989 Upper Deck Baseball 196
Rod Scurry 1989 Upper Deck Baseball 208
Doyle Alexander 1989 Upper Deck Baseball 298
Mike Diaz 1989 Upper Deck Baseball 606
Randy Myers 1989 Upper Deck Baseball 634
Mike Young 1989 Upper Deck Baseball 649

I even have all the dead guys except the 2 in Red. Willing to pay LARGE for those.

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits

I even have all the dead guys except the 2 in Red. Willing to pay LARGE for those.

You'll have to...the Diaz is probably around, but Scurry will be very, very tough to find if one even exists. I've never seen his '89 cards signed for sale.

Congrats on knocking Rey down though! After 21 years I still need 4 for my '88 Score set and I would pay big wampum for those bad boys too! So I know how it feels to be SOOOO CLOSE!

For Concepcion, has he stopped doing shows? I was surprised you need him, and Young too since you're so close to B'more.

DKelly28

Premier Member
Website
www.dksbaseballcards.com
Credits
You'll have to...the Diaz is probably around, but Scurry will be very, very tough to find if one even exists. I've never seen his '89 cards signed for sale.

Congrats on knocking Rey down though! After 21 years I still need 4 for my '88 Score set and I would pay big wampum for those bad boys too! So I know how it feels to be SOOOO CLOSE!

For Concepcion, has he stopped doing shows? I was surprised you need him, and Young too since you're so close to B'more.

Mike Young was actually doing mail for a bit a couple years ago. I needed him for 89 donruss and was able to get him to sign one in blue sharpie (albeit smeared a bit):

MikeYoung-1.jpg