Ryne Sandberg

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
I saw on csac that Sandberg has an appearance that has popped up for Saturday Feb 14th. Signingshotline didn't have anything on it? Does anyone know what this is? Thanks in advance for any help

swish54

Founding Member
Website
www.freewebs.com
Credits
Looks like he's at the Chicago Auto Show. This is from CSAC...
February 2009, Saturday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryne Sandberg (Cubs, HOF)
Time: 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Location: McCormick Place, Lake Shore Drive at 23rd Street (Chicago, IL)
Meet Former Chicago Cub Ryne Sandberg at the State Farm Display - South Hall

Auto Show Info:
Hours:
10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Tickets
Adults: $10
Seniors (62 and up) $5
Children 7-12: $5
Children Under 7: Free

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
Thanks Swish. I'm gonna think about this one. I wonder if there would be restrictions on what he would sign. I also wonder if you have to get in line really early....

SoonerOrLater

Premier Member
Credits
It always makes me wonder when it says come "meet" Ryne Sandberg. I would hate to pay the money to park and get in the autoshow and not get an autograph or end up getting a State Farm hat signed by Sandberg. It would be nice if they gave a little more info.

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
Yeah he's a tristar client but I do not recall Tristar putting restrictions on guys the way other companies often do. I know he signs a lot as a manager so hopefully that won't be an issue

swish54

Founding Member
Website
www.freewebs.com
Credits
I've been to the auto show before and haven't had any problems with the athlete signing my own item. But there's always the posibility that can change depending on who's in charge of the athlete being there. I remember going one year a couple years ago for Alex Brown. I got there about an hour or so before the doors open and went straight to his line, ended up being with in the first 5 people in his line. But it filled up very quickly, and there was no way you'd be able to get back in and go through twice...and that was just for Alex Brown...I'm sure Sandberg will be very busy.

Pothole069

Founding Member
Credits
I have never had a problem at any car shows with celebs signing. I have always been able to bring my own items and have them sign my items. They may limit the number of graphs you can get but i would be shocked if they limited what you could get.

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
So the gist of it is that if you want Rhyno at 2 you should get in line at open (10)?

swish54

Founding Member
Website
www.freewebs.com
Credits
So the gist of it is that if you want Rhyno at 2 you should get in line at open (10)?

Yeah, I would at least get there when they open and go straight to his booth to see how many other people are going for him. If everyone else is getting in a line, I would too...but at least stay close to his booth. I've learned from past experiences that it's better to be too early and wait, than be too late and not get anything.

frankiebones022

Premier Member
Credits
towes and kane there on sunday ! not a bad deal. wonder if they are same line or 2 seperate. would love both . sure could get either or , if line is seperate due to volume of peeps !