Scranton Wilkes Barre Yankees Pre-Season Dinner

B

BoSoxin05

Here is some new info released by the Scranton Wilkes Barre Yankees:

The first ever "Meet the Yankees" dinner is being sponsored by the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees and Northeastern Baseball, Inc. The dinner will be held on Tuesday, April 3, 2007, at Genetti's Manor: 1505 South Main Avenue, Dickson City, PA.

The event will commence at 6:00 PM, when players, coaches, and the manager will be available to greet the fans and sign autographs. A full course dinner will be served at 7:15 PM promptly, and will be followed by the program and introduction of the Scranton/ Wilkes-Barre Yankees team. Players will be seated at a head table, and not assigned to individual tables.

The ticket cost is $40.00 per person (adults/children). A portion of your ticket cost, $15.00 per person, will be donated to a new program created by the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees called "Kids Night Out". It's a program that provides tickets for under privileged children to attend SWB Yankees games. Tables of 10 can also be reserved for $400 per table. Reserved status will be assigned to tables of 10, and priority will be given to those who purchase a table before Friday, March 16, 2007. There are a limited number of seats available for the dinner.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/...t_id=181864&vkey=news_t531&fext=.jsp&sid=t531

I am going to be taking 50/50's for this dinner. I am going to do this on a first come first serve basis. Please PM me if you intend to do a 50/50 with me for the Scranton Wilkes Barre Yankees. I know we do not know the rosters yet, but if you think you will have cards, please send me a PM ASAP.

Mike

RyanJW

Lifetime Member
Website
www.ryanjw.com
Credits
BoSoxin05 said:
Here is some new info released by the Scranton Wilkes Barre Yankees:

The first ever "Meet the Yankees" dinner is being sponsored by the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees and Northeastern Baseball, Inc. The dinner will be held on Tuesday, April 3, 2007, at Genetti's Manor: 1505 South Main Avenue, Dickson City, PA.

The event will commence at 6:00 PM, when players, coaches, and the manager will be available to greet the fans and sign autographs. A full course dinner will be served at 7:15 PM promptly, and will be followed by the program and introduction of the Scranton/ Wilkes-Barre Yankees team. Players will be seated at a head table, and not assigned to individual tables.

The ticket cost is $40.00 per person (adults/children). A portion of your ticket cost, $15.00 per person, will be donated to a new program created by the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees called "Kids Night Out". It's a program that provides tickets for under privileged children to attend SWB Yankees games. Tables of 10 can also be reserved for $400 per table. Reserved status will be assigned to tables of 10, and priority will be given to those who purchase a table before Friday, March 16, 2007. There are a limited number of seats available for the dinner.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/...t_id=181864&vkey=news_t531&fext=.jsp&sid=t531

I am going to be taking 50/50's for this dinner. I am going to do this on a first come first serve basis. Please PM me if you intend to do a 50/50 with me for the Scranton Wilkes Barre Yankees. I know we do not know the rosters yet, but if you think you will have cards, please send me a PM ASAP.

Mike

Do you think this will be worth the price? I don't know if you've done this sort of thing in the past but I'm thinking of paying the $40 and making the 2 1/2 hr drive if it seems worth it.. I don't know though.

-Ryan

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
I think it will be worth it...if just for the fact that Phil Hughes may be starting the season there...I am pretty sure that the SWB yankees will have a few other decent prospects there as well. just my opinion.

B

BoSoxin05

Well we've never haven the Yankees here as our minor league team but with the Phillies this event was great. I know that this event will sell out before the stated date because this area has gone Yankee crazy. As for the autographs I'm hoping that it will be great but there is no way to know for sure. Let me know if you plan on attending this event and maybe we can meet up before hand and we can 'graph the players on the way in and out.

Mike