Sean Doolittle 2007 A's 1st Rounder Private Signing

alanmoore

Administrator
Staff member
Website
www.sportsgraphing.com
Credits
Sportsgraphing.com with some West Coast help from Jeffro31437 is proud to announce a private signing with Sean Doolittle, 2007 1st Round Supplemental Draft Pick of the Oakland A's.

2006 ACC Player of the Year for Virginia.

This year is batting .332 Average, 16 Dingers, 53 Ribbies with a .611 Slugging % and named a Starter in the California/Carolina League All Star Game next week. ONE WORD sums up his play - WOW!

Here are the details:

YOUR ITEMS (with SASE)
-- Cards/8x10's $10 - Photos available from Future Star Photos - Officially Licensed MiLB Photos
-- Baseballs $20

OUR ITEMS
-- OMLB $33 includes USPS Priority S&H

Baseballs will be signed with the inscription 2007 A's 1st Round Pick.

All items must be sent in by June 27th in order to get signed.

Alan Moore
Att: Doolittle Signing
708 Wagner Farm Rd
Millersville MD 21108 USA

If you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to call 410.963.8226.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaidersFan250

Lifetime Member
Credits
Man, I didn't realize how good Sean's stats actually are. He is playing at the same level as Matt Wieters and Matt Laporta (High A), and his stats are almost identical to Matt's, (they're actually a little bit better) and they're also very similar to Laporta's. And Sean's also a year younger. The only thing Matt's beating him in is average, Sean has more HR's, and almost 20 more RBI's. I don't get why he doesn't nearly as much publicity/recognition as guys like Wieters and LaPorta.

H-TownSuns

Founding Member
Credits
LaPorta is in AA. Park factors are something that need to be considered when comparing Doolittle to Wieters. Doolittle is playing in the best hitter's league in all of minor league baseball, Wieters is playing in a league that gives the pitcher more of advantage. Not trying to discount what Doolittle has accomplished, I believe he'll be a very good major leaguer, however he's playing in a league that will inflate his numbers.

RaidersFan250

Lifetime Member
Credits
Haha my bad about LaPorta, for some reason I was thinking he was at high A. But yeah, I know what you mean.

Jeffro31437

Founding Member
Credits
LaPorta is in AA. Park factors are something that need to be considered when comparing Doolittle to Wieters. Doolittle is playing in the best hitter's league in all of minor league baseball, Wieters is playing in a league that gives the pitcher more of advantage. Not trying to discount what Doolittle has accomplished, I believe he'll be a very good major leaguer, however he's playing in a league that will inflate his numbers.
I totally understand what you are talking about when you say Sean is hitting in a hitters league(Don't tell that to Modesto players though. That park is all about the pitchers!) but at the same time I have realized that Sean is a gap hitter, with power to all fields. Sean has not gotten any cheap Homers. He really reminds me of a guy like Travis Buck, but with more power. He hits the ball HARD! Here is another not well known fact, Doolittle was a pitcher at U of Virginia, and could have just as easily been drafted as a pitcher. Sean still has a ton of room to grow as a hitter if that is what he chooses to put all his focus on.