Texas Longhorns Baseball

Shawn_E.

Founding Member & MiLB Photographer
Website
www.myspace.com
Credits
AUSTIN, Texas -- The fourth-ranked Texas Longhorns baseball team will host Fan Appreciation Day at UFCU Disch-Falk Field on Sunday, February 15. Gates open at 1 p.m.

Fans are advised to plan accordingly as certain streets may be closed for the Austin Marathon the same morning. Please use IH-35 to access UFCU Disch-Falk Field for Fan Appreciation Day on Sunday, Feb. 15. Exit either Manor Road or Martin Luther King Boulevard and turn east to UFCU Disch-Falk Field.

Festivities include a player autograph session, a photo opportunity with Bevo and a UT intrasquad scrimmage. Fans are encouraged to bring their baseball gloves as they will have an opportunity to play catch on the brand new turf at UFCU Disch-Falk Field prior to the Longhorns taking the field. Children will also have an opportunity to run the bases after the scrimmage.

The Longhorns are coming off the program’s third Big 12 Tournament Championship and 10th consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance. Texas returns four of its top five hitters from 2008, its top two starting pitchers and was tabbed No. 4 in the Baseball America’s 2009 preseason poll.

The Horns open the season Feb. 20 when they host Illinois-Chicago for a weekend series.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
(tentative)
1 p.m.: Gates open
1-3 p.m.: Autograph session (One item per person, no photos)
1-4 p.m.: Photo opportunity with Bevo
3-3:45 p.m.: Family outfield pitch and catch (mothers, fathers, sons, daughters)
4:10 p.m.: Texas Baseball scrimmage
Post-scrimmage: Running of the bases

rorio9

Lifetime Member
Credits
AUSTIN, Texas -- The fourth-ranked Texas Longhorns baseball team will host Fan Appreciation Day at UFCU Disch-Falk Field on Sunday, February 15. Gates open at 1 p.m.

Fans are advised to plan accordingly as certain streets may be closed for the Austin Marathon the same morning. Please use IH-35 to access UFCU Disch-Falk Field for Fan Appreciation Day on Sunday, Feb. 15. Exit either Manor Road or Martin Luther King Boulevard and turn east to UFCU Disch-Falk Field.

Festivities include a player autograph session, a photo opportunity with Bevo and a UT intrasquad scrimmage. Fans are encouraged to bring their baseball gloves as they will have an opportunity to play catch on the brand new turf at UFCU Disch-Falk Field prior to the Longhorns taking the field. Children will also have an opportunity to run the bases after the scrimmage.

The Longhorns are coming off the program’s third Big 12 Tournament Championship and 10th consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance. Texas returns four of its top five hitters from 2008, its top two starting pitchers and was tabbed No. 4 in the Baseball America’s 2009 preseason poll.

The Horns open the season Feb. 20 when they host Illinois-Chicago for a weekend series.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
(tentative)
1 p.m.: Gates open
1-3 p.m.: Autograph session (One item per person, no photos)
1-4 p.m.: Photo opportunity with Bevo
3-3:45 p.m.: Family outfield pitch and catch (mothers, fathers, sons, daughters)
4:10 p.m.: Texas Baseball scrimmage
Post-scrimmage: Running of the bases

If you clicked on the above link it will take to the page that published this same announcement.

Airborne2323

Premier Member
Credits
Would someone be that lazy? sad.

rorio9

Lifetime Member
Credits
well hey....if a post is going to keep getting bumped...at least its a longhorn thread!!!

I will be at this event. It just sucks that they seperate the team into 2 lines, and u cant ever get the entire roster on an item.

Hook'em.... :) I went to the event last year and got there pretty early. Since I was early, I was actually able to get through both lines before they concluded the signing.

UTeric3232

Lifetime Member
Credits
Hook'em.... :) I went to the event last year and got there pretty early. Since I was early, I was actually able to get through both lines before they concluded the signing.

Did you get one of those uncut card sheets signed? I am thinking of taking just a ball and mini-helmet this year. Now I just have to find some help...