Vida Blue added

greedy19

Lifetime Member
Credits
Who's taking items on him? I could really use him on 1 card for sure.

Ballzy

Premier Member
Credits
I went last year and Billy Wagner signed multiples, Darryl Strawberry would do one, and Tommy John would do a couple but he bitched if you had more than one. The squirrels leave it up to the player as to how much/many they want to sign.........Vida Blue is not nice at all, so I am guessing that he will be 1 per. Should be able to get through the line more than once, but it may cause you to miss the others.......I think the autograph signing only lasted 45 minutes last year, but I may be wrong. However, after the dinner/speech/live auction last year, you could just walk up to whomever as they were leaving and get them again (i did that with Tommy John and Strawberry).

MidSouth Minors

Founding Member
Credits
I wouldn't say that Vida isn't nice--he just doesn't like signing more than one item per person.

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits
Vida did a stop on the Campbell's Soup tour, back when they sent former guys to different military bases around the country. I ended up getting 6 or 7 cards done, plus he gave me 2 of the giveaway cards they had for the players. So he was definitely OK in the only signing setup I've seen him at, so maybe with the cost of admission he'll be OK at this event.

Ballzy

Premier Member
Credits
I have gotten him in person, and he snarls about it, sorta like Jim Palmer........and he did a free signing in Richmond last year, was one per, would only use his pen, wouldn't do any inscriptions, and after we went through the line 3 times, he told us "no more".........shouldn't you be able to go through the line as many times as you want at a free signing? Especially since he is being paid to sign......I hope he does sign more than one at this event so I don't have to go through the line more than once, but I am not expecting big things.

greedy19

Lifetime Member
Credits
Yes, I belive Vida charges $10/card TTM. However, I would much rather pay someone the $10 to get it done right away and then get it back to me. So, if anyone is up for taking a card or two @ $10/ea, send me a PM.