2007 Boston Baseball Writers Dinner

Hoffy814

Founding Member
Credits
I do not know the time of the event, will have to check the tickets.

According to Tony Massarotti, in his article today, David Ortiz is expected to attend the BBWA Awards Dinner.

This would be event awesome, Ortiz plus the already star studded lineup, easily making this the best lineup at this event, ever!

Hoffy814

Founding Member
Credits
cocktails at 6 pm
seating at 7 pm
dinner served at 7:30.
The autograph session starts at dessert time.
I also believe they're doing something with the '67 Sox team members (they haven't said who's attending from this group) during cocktail hour.

Hoffy814

Founding Member
Credits
Cpurv said:
Thanks, my prediction in Yaz shows but no Ortiz.... just a hunch....hope Ortiz shows cause that would be crazy but i just got this feeling he won't be there.
Me too, but Tony Massarotti is a big part of the dinner, so it obviously is a valid source. I have a gutsy feeling he won't be there. If he isn't, oh well, the night is still going to be great!

Hoffy814

Founding Member
Credits
Cpurv said:
I agree, the dinner is gonna be awesome either way! Just wondering, didnt get a chance to read his article, what exactly did he say.
That Ortiz will recieve his award in person at the dinner. Still, it could be BS but I'm not going to die over it.

Also, Jim Lonborg and Rico Petrocelli have confirmed they will be there as part of the guys representing the 67 team.

Hoffy814

Founding Member
Credits
I heard on the radio Freddy Sanchez will not be there. Hasn't been confirmed, but an FYI to those going.