2007 Boston Baseball Writers Dinner

Hoffy814

Founding Member
Credits
The Boston Baseball Writers Association will be holding the Dinner yet again. I went last year and got 1 graph from everyone in line (Beckett, Loretta, Francona, Wakefield + more). This year when the letter came in the mail with the forum to buy the tickets, they confirmed Jonathan Papelbon (Red Sox Pitcher Of Year, Red Sox ROY, Fireman of the Year) and Mike Lowell (Jackie Jensen Award) will be there. Last week, the Red Sox Comeback Player of the Year, Curt Schilling, announced he will accept his award at the dinner. I read yesterday that Peter Gammons will be recieving a Lifetime Achievement Award, and Jacoby Ellsbury will accept his Red Sox Minor Leaguer Of The Year Award at the dinner. The 68th Boston BBWAA Awards Dinner is on Jan. 11 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center in South Boston. Tickets for the dinner are $125. For more information on the 2007 Boston BBWAA Awards Dinner, send e-mails to agreenwood@nashuatelegraph.com, or go to http://www.bostonbaseballwriters.com/

I've talked to a few people who will also be attending, should be a good time.

Hoffy814

Founding Member
Credits
Just an update, Freddy Sanchez, Tony Conigliaro Award winner, will be on hand to accept his award. Also the biggest surprise, according to the Globe and the Herald, the Ted Williams Award Winner, and the only Ted Williams Award winner to ever show up, Ryan Howard will accept his award at the Dinner on the 11th

sugarcult2

Founding Member
Website
www.freewebs.com
Credits
Cpurv said:
Thats sick, ive never gone to this before but someone told me that only kids are allowed to get autographs? Does anyone know if this is true?

For $125, it better not be

Hoffy814

Founding Member
Credits
The "infamous" Boston graphers ruined this event years ago. They started a rule, a few ago, of only those 16 yrs and younger can get in the autograph line.

Cpurv

Premier Member
Credits
Ah thats stinks cause im 18 - this sounds stupid but do they like actually check- do u have to have like say an id or do they just look at u and say like o hes 16. Also, what exactly should be worn to this event. Im 18 and i would like to pass as a 16 year old - should i dress with like a tie and a jacket? Thanks!

Last edited:

Hoffy814

Founding Member
Credits
Cpurv said:
Ah thats stinks cause im 18 - this sounds stupid but do they like actually check- do u have to have like say an id or do they just look at u and say like o hes 16. Also, what exactly should be worn to this event. Im 18 and i would like to pass as a 16 year old - should i dress with like a tie and a jacket? Thanks!
Not sure on the first question. I usually just get in line and they tell you the rules (One of which is you can only bring 1 item up to the table--but it's easily avoidable) and you go through. As long as you aren't a middle aged person in the middle of 9-15 year olds, you can get through.

Yes, I would dress up formally, shirt and tie. I wore a dress shirt and khaki's last year and I fit right in.