2009 Orioles FanFest

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
Here's the million dollar question that will be answered during ST: Will Wieters be at Fanfest?

JBsouthFan

Founding Member
Credits
yes... even if he doesn't make the opening day roster (which he will), the team plays an exhibition 4th (in DC) and they will keep the guys up there for the exhibition game that night before they leave for norfolk (in durham opening weekend).

Kaplankrazies

Lifetime Member
Credits
I don't recall any minor leaguers being there last year.

JBsouthFan

Founding Member
Credits
I don't recall any minor leaguers being there last year.

All the Arms in the Bull pen for that exhibition series will be Norfolk guys. Big league teams (even the o's) keep plenty of "back up arms" with them for exhibition games. I know they brought a bunch of minor leaguers last year to DC and 2 years ago when they played in Norfolk they had AA guys on the O's and let the AAA guys play for the Tides.

nymets575

Premier Member
Credits
if anyone can hook me up with 2 season ticket holder passes i would pay full price. thanks!

RaidersFan250

Lifetime Member
Credits
yes... even if he doesn't make the opening day roster (which he will), the team plays an exhibition 4th (in DC) and they will keep the guys up there for the exhibition game that night before they leave for norfolk (in durham opening weekend).

I wouldn't set anything in stone yet, it's definitley a possibility that he A. won't make the OD roster, and B. won't be at fanfest.

JBsouthFan

Founding Member
Credits
I wouldn't set anything in stone yet, it's definitley a possibility that he A. won't make the OD roster, and B. won't be at fanfest.

A. He will be on the Opening day roster barring a TOTAL MELDOWN in ST. or they "longoria him" for a week or 2.

B. Even if he is assigned to Norfolk, the O's will have at least 2 "extra" catchers with them for the 2 exhibition games on April 3 & 4.

Those 2 "extras" will probably be the #1 and #2 guys for Norfolk. Quirzo, Hammack, Moeller, Wieters, Reyes, Rodirguez, etc... One will be in the bigs, 2 possibly 3 will be in AAA, and the rest will be given there walking papers in ST, or given the "Ben Davis" program and sent to Bowie to be a "Good Clubhouse guy" until the Atlantic League season opens in Late April:)