2010 Braves Caravan Schedule

deejayshane12

Lifetime Member
Credits
I totally failed at this one. Got to Publix @ 3:45 and missed the cut by about 20 minutes. The elusive Chipper escapes me again...

JLEQUIRE

Lifetime Member
Credits
I know the line was long but what about all those who cut, man I was pissed. I was about 150 or so in line before they explained that everyone wasn't going to get in and then some how it looked as the line double. I just made it in before the cut off.

Mike8

Premier Member
Credits
Typical lack of event management by the Braves. When I finally got into the foyer area just inside the doors, I sat there and watched at least 3 instances of people inside the store just slipping into the line that was at the table with the players - despite the fact there were 4 or 5 Braves employees right there.

Horrible idea to have the line split like that. We called that disaster the minute we saw them move the tables from the foyer inside to the deli area.

jimjim

Lifetime Member
Credits
Typical lack of event management by the Braves. When I finally got into the foyer area just inside the doors, I sat there and watched at least 3 instances of people inside the store just slipping into the line that was at the table with the players - despite the fact there were 4 or 5 Braves employees right there.

Horrible idea to have the line split like that. We called that disaster the minute we saw them move the tables from the foyer inside to the deli area.

I got there a bit before 5pm and there was at least 1000 people in line, so there was no way I was going to get to the tables. That said, I went inside to check things out and see the set-up. I easily could have just slipped in, as you said, without anyone saying much. I might have gotten a slap on the wrist, but I still would have gotten a Chipper auto. Especially since Chipper was the first, and he seemed to be signing whatever was put in front of him and was so relaxed. However, I wouldn't do that, especially after seeing all of the kids in line that waited for hours and probably never got an auto. Not worth it, I'll get him another time.

I also want comment on how nice it is to see a superstar such as Chipper Jones not only participating in an event like this after so many years of service, but signing everything that was given to him. He didn't complain once, and wasn't checking out each item to figure how much it would be worth once he signed it, as Pujols seems to do even at signings where he is getting big $$ for his auto. Pujols really needs to lighten up and take a lesson from Chipper! Chipper is really a true 'class act'.

JSG1984

Founding Member
Credits
I also want comment on how nice it is to see a superstar such as Chipper Jones not only participating in an event like this after so many years of service, but signing everything that was given to him. He didn't complain once, and wasn't checking out each item to figure how much it would be worth once he signed it, as Pujols seems to do even at signings where he is getting big $$ for his auto. Pujols really needs to lighten up and take a lesson from Chipper! Chipper is really a true 'class act'.

About 2-3 years ago, in a Friday night game in Pittsburgh, Chipper collided with Freddy Sanchez at 2nd base, and was removed from the game.

At the Saturday night game, Chipper wasn't in the lineup. After taking some BP, Chipper started in the far corner of the stadium signing autographs. He kept signing, and signing, and signing all the way up the first base line. If you didn't get him that night, you weren't trying. He signed for over 45 minutes, took pictures, held babies, you name it he did it.

It was the classiest thing I have ever seen.