2010 Braves Caravan Schedule

19Braves77

Charter Member
Credits
I'm looking to attend the next few events thats in marietta and suwanee. What can I expect?

With Marietta, expect that line to start at 6AM. Chipper is tempting but with that many players the lines are going to move slow. You want to be one of the 1st 50.

With the Montgomery trip yesterday, they arrived 15 minutes late and wanted to
end at the same time.

glord1

Premier Member
Credits
Did they explain why? I would have considered Schafer the main attraction.

They said he had a scheduling conflict and would he be at other events on the caravan. We went for Shafer and Freeman since my son already had Medlin. My only complaint is that they must have known Shafer would not be there by Fri night and should have updated the list. Things happen but on a good will tour you would think the Braves would not want someone to drive 4 hours round trip and not have the player there that they went to see. Just update the list the day before.

jimjim

Lifetime Member
Credits
I'm looking to attend the next few events thats in marietta and suwanee. What can I expect?

With Marietta, expect that line to start at 6AM. Chipper is tempting but with that many players the lines are going to move slow. You want to be one of the 1st 50.

With the Montgomery trip yesterday, they arrived 15 minutes and wanted to
end at the same time.

No way the line is going to start at 6am. Not just for Chipper Jones or Tim Hudson. Maybe noon, but not 6 am. I may try to hit it up after I get off of work. The signing is for 2 hours, so I bet they get thru a bunch of people.

19Braves77

Charter Member
Credits
Publix opens at 6, I would be there at 6AM. You are going to have Dads waiting in line with their wifes picking up the kids from school and then trying to get into line. Dont underestimate the draw of a free event in one of the worst possible locations.

MidSouth Minors

Founding Member
Credits
They said he had a scheduling conflict and would he be at other events on the caravan. We went for Shafer and Freeman since my son already had Medlin. My only complaint is that they must have known Shafer would not be there by Fri night and should have updated the list. Things happen but on a good will tour you would think the Braves would not want someone to drive 4 hours round trip and not have the player there that they went to see. Just update the list the day before.

Medlin did post on the blog Saturday morning the list of players going without mentioning Jordan but an optimist would just think he forgot to mention Schafer. The marketing folks that put these things on just assume that the fans are happy to see anyone. They have no thoughts that there are people driving 2 or 3 hours each way to see one guy.

STaF Yanks

Lifetime Member
Credits
Had to fly out of Atlanta this afternoon and as usual my flight was delayed. Decided to go by The Varsity on my way down to get some lunch and by chance see if I could get Chipper, Hudson and a few others for the meet and great they did there for season ticket holders.

I am not a season ticket holder but all these guys were more than accommodating. I walked right in after the event and got:

Tim Hudson - 1/1 8x10
Chipper Jones - 1/1 8x10
Brian Jordan - 1/1 8x10 (still personalizing after all these years)

Thought this might help some of you guys coming in from out of town to maybe not waste all your time at the "official" autograph events and try to get them at other "non-signing" events around town.

19Braves77

Charter Member
Credits
I imagine there are about 800 people waiting outside a Publix right now.....

airbagsmacked

Premier Member
Credits
Most guys signed extra during the event.Chipper had a Braves staff person sitting near him and watching everyone.I am so glad I went!