2011 Texas Rangers Fan Fest: Jan 22-23

Chad

Founding Member
Website
www.sportsautosttm.com
Credits
Just wanting to see if any of you might be attending this year. It's set for Jan. 22-23 from 9-5. It will be at the Arlington Convention Center which is right beside the ballpark. I skipped last year, and haven't been to it anywhere other than at the ballpark, I also don't remember it being stretched to a 2 day event. As always, autographs are free and basically a very strict 1 per on current players (prospects usually sign more). Cost for entrance is $15 per day or $25 for a 2 day pass.

The worst thing about this event is that they don't release the names of who will be there until the afternoon of Jan 21st! Yep, less than 24 hrs before the fan fest.

I will be there and can hopefully talk my wife into finally going with me. I might be able to help some people out, but with not knowing who will be there, it's a gamble.

So, anyone else going? Neverfinished94, DallasFan?

Last edited:

smejus57

Premier Member
Credits
If Josh Hamilton shows up, would you be looking to 50 / 50 him and if so on what?

clarendoncm

Charter Member
Credits
Another board I am on said that the saturday tickets were all ready sold out.

Chad

Founding Member
Website
www.sportsautosttm.com
Credits
Another board I am on said that the saturday tickets were all ready sold out.

I just bought 2 adult and 1 child's ticket from TexasRangers.com for both days and had no problem with them being sold out. I don't ever remember them having a limit on the amt. of tickets sold to the event. In fact, I think our tickets were number 3,456-3,458. I'm sure those are numbered by the amt. currently sold over the internet. You can also buy tickets at the event.

As for the autographs themselves, it's first come, first serve once you get in line for the person you're wanting. They'll hand out a limited number of tickets for the player/players for that line and time and once they're out of those, they cut it off. They usually have a big name player signing around 9:30 AM, so once the gates open at 9am, it's a mad dash for the autograph lines, then you have to wait to see if you get lucky enough to get a ticket depending on where you are in line.

justinj31

Founding Member
Credits
i was thinking about driving up for saturday. sine i didnt need anyone from the tristar show.

jle05

Premier Member
Credits
I'll be there since I'll be moving to Arlington in January. Can't wait!

rifon164

Premier Member
Credits
I need 2 andy hawkins on set cards and would be willing to pay for a 2 day pass for someone to ge them for me. ( or $12.50 each however you want to look at it)