2012 Redsfest

psugator02

Lifetime Member
Credits
not sure about scott rolen's contract but if someone can take a card, i'd pay them for their time

ansaraaj

Premier Member
Credits
Curious to how well attended Reds Fest is? I imagine with their success this year it will be easier in the past, but wondering if its worth attending?

Thanks for any advice!

Nick

Attendance has become absurd over the past 5 years. It's jam packed now, every year. Almost too crowded at times.

Rolen's autograph was included in the auction tickets last year, meaning 25 tickets were sold to those people with the highest bids. Those tickets included one guaranteed auto from Votto - Rolen - Chapman (on Saturday). There was also a guaranteed auction ticket for Bruce - Cueto - Phillips on Friday. (I may have grouped the names wrong but you get the point).

Autographs are getting much more difficult at Redsfest. That being said, even if you can only score a couple and its from just decent players, its worth attending for everything else they have (photo ops with players, game-used items on sale to the winning bidder where you get the item AND the player signs it right in front of you and takes a picture with you, tons of memorabilia dealer of both common and rare Reds memorabilia, Q&A with Reds management, music, much more). Some players have their own booths where you can buy the auto (Eric Davis was $20 last year, I think George Foster is $10-$15, etc).

Last edited:

SteelCurtain1974

Premier Member
Credits
I went 3 or 4 years and it wasn't bad at all. Went through line 3 times and could have done more, but ran out of items.

bbridger

Founding Member
Credits
Went last year and they only let 250 in each line and then shut it off. Current guys fill up faster than the older players. About 3 to 4 guys at an area.

march22collector

Premier Member
Credits
It's absolutely horrible now, so crowded. The place is too small for the crowd. Once they announce the player names there is a mad dash to the signing area. Problem is, there are so many people at this event that people camp out at the tables in anticipation that Votto or Chapman etc. will be at that particular place. Almost impossible to work the event by yourself and get who you need.

Having said that, it's still fun.

docv28

Premier Member
Credits
What other former Reds attend this? Any from the 80s or 90s aside from Eric and George? Thanks.