2013 National Sports Collectors Convention-Chicago July 31-Aug. 4th

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
Haha thanks for the trip down memory lane. My freebie at the 95 National was Jay Johnstone! Was hoping for Bob Gibson haha. My Dad did better with Warren Spahn though which I still have that baseball to this day. I was too young (so no money) to have regrets about not getting Mantle/Koufax/Ali/DiMaggio but if anyone has a Delorean.....

kenoshacub

Premier Member
Credits
FYI Tony Gwynn has canceled due to family illness per tweet from tristar this morning.

tazdmb

Founding Member
Credits
The 1997 National was awesome. Along with Ali and Koufax, it also had Wilt Chamberlain for I believe, $79. Larry Doby signed for free (pre HoF).

1997 was a great year, in addition to paid signers, you got a random free autograph guest ticket from select free signers. Picked up Rick Berry, Buck O'Neil, Luis Tiant, Minnie Monoso and FB Hofers Dante Lavelli and John Henry Johnson this way. I know Feller, Herb Score and Doby signed for free as well, not to mention Len Barker! Coupled with all the free promos, the admission tickets paid for themselves.

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
Yeah admission prices keep rising ($21 or $25) with less and less to show for it. I'll always go when the National comes to my town but the difference is the number of days I go. I decided this year that even though I wanted Dan Fouts that I'd stick to just one day that had the most guys I wanted. Headed there Saturday for Sugar Shane Mosley, Bart Starr, Pedro Martinez, and Bob Griese. Have to pass on Leonard, The Big Unit, Roy Jones, Piazza, and Duran. Pretty loaded lineup that day

jkbobcat

Premier Member
Credits
i remember the 1997 National well. my parents thought I was crazy spending $100 on Ali. wish I had the funds to land some of the other big names there that weekend.

Okajima5678

Lifetime Member
Credits
i remember the 1997 National well. my parents thought I was crazy spending $100 on Ali. wish I had the funds to land some of the other big names there that weekend.

You should show your parents what he goes for now lol.

salty99

Premier Member
Credits
Have Clemens and Garvey any item autograph tickets for sale. Pm me.