Alex Rodriguez

vbdodger

Lifetime Member
Credits
frank robinson

frank was very nice about signing when he was a coach during spring training mainly before the game started he would sign every day. when the 25 anni. usa sets came out i traded him a set minus the autos and he gave me his 1st year nationals spring training hat at the time they were sold out and very hard to come by outside of the organization but he gave me his hat and i got him to sign it.

Bosox044

Cancelled Membership
Credits
This is Crazy!!! Can give the fans a break. He just signed deal that could be worth over $300 million and he and the dealer have the audacity to charge these prices. I'm glad I got AROD at the park a couple times a few years ago.
Steiner and Rich Altman have ruined the hobby. Altman's client Matt Garza
doesn't even recognize our existence anymore. Even in the park is getting worse.

starnry

Credits
you guys have to realize that all these athletes charge appearance fees and the company has to make a profit also. If they aren't going to get paid enough then they aren't going to go to this place to sign and will accept another offer.

I hate it enough that it is this much to get an autograph. But then again I am fortunate that Arod used to sign everywhere he went and I have him like 15 times. To me 50 or 400 bucks it still is not the same as getting it in person. I have bought 3 autographs in my life and those do not compare to the ones that I own. So let them charge whatever they want, and I will go get it for free.

BoSoxFan

Lifetime Member
Credits
i got a-rod for practically free at the yankees spring training camp. The admission and parking for spring training practices are free so i basically got him for free. There is no way that i would ever pay that much for an auto of anyone, no matter who.

bc81758

Charter Member
Credits
The $$ you would pay to get A-Rod at this signing is out of convenience of not having to be involved in a pushing/shoving match with other graphers at the ballpark and there is no such thing as a free autograph imho.

Getting a graph IP takes time out of your day, transportation costs to get to the ballpark, tickets and food.

jle05

Premier Member
Credits
The $$ you would pay to get A-Rod at this signing is out of convenience of not having to be involved in a pushing/shoving match with other graphers at the ballpark and there is no such thing as a free autograph imho.

Getting a graph IP takes time out of your day, transportation costs to get to the ballpark, tickets and food.

I agree, sometimes I'd rather just pay for an auto because I know for sure I'm getting one and plus I don't feel like waiting all day and fighting the crowd. Although it sure does feel nice though knowing you worked hard for that auto. lol

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits
This is Crazy!!! Can give the fans a break. He just signed deal that could be worth over $300 million and he and the dealer have the audacity to charge these prices. I'm glad I got AROD at the park a couple times a few years ago.
Steiner and Rich Altman have ruined the hobby. Altman's client Matt Garza
doesn't even recognize our existence anymore. Even in the park is getting worse.

I heard a story that A-Rod once got out of a cab and there were like 3 graphers there. He asked them if one of them would mind paying his cab fare because all he had was hundred dollar bills! One guy did, and A-Rod walks right by without signing a thing. He's a greedy jerk.

vince05

Founding Member
Website
phillygraphsttm.blogspot.com
Credits
This is unreal. If I was A-Rod I would be embarrased by these prices. I am an attorney, I'm only 30 years old, and remember my first job that I had that I made over $10 an hour and how thrilled I was. Sometimes I am embarrased by the prices I charge now in my current job. Sometimes I feel like it's highway robbery. But damn, A-Rod, come on bro. How can you live with yourself with this?

CUBBIES

Premier Member
Credits

Time out of your day enjoying an awesome hobby

You have transportation one way or another

Hell of a lot more fun in a ballpark than in a mall or card shop

and who cares about a 10 dollar ballpark ticket

And Food, well, at least you get more than autograph for you money. You sure aren't getting any food at the private signing!!

The Graph is just gravy when your out at the ballpark anyway!!!:)

jmoak

Lifetime Member
Website
jmoak0.tripod.com
Credits
This is unreal. If I was A-Rod I would be embarrased by these prices. I am an attorney, I'm only 30 years old, and remember my first job that I had that I made over $10 an hour and how thrilled I was. Sometimes I am embarrased by the prices I charge now in my current job. Sometimes I feel like it's highway robbery. But damn, A-Rod, come on bro. How can you live with yourself with this?

This is an interesting post- very hypocritical in my opinion. You say that you are embarrassed by the price you are able to get for your services, even feel like you are robbing someone...However, it sounds as though you accept the price that you can get...

How is this any different than what Arod is doing? If people are willing to pay you whatever amount for your services you are going to take it. Same thing with Arod...if people will pay then he will take it, and I don't think any of us are much if any different.

I am not advocating that you should lower your own price for your legal services...I just think we all try to get the most money we possibly can for what we do. If my boss told me he was going to start paying me 1 million a year for what I do, I certainly wouldn't turn it down...although I know my position isn't worth that amount of money.