Atlanta Area Charity Event

Mike8

Premier Member
Credits
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but it seemed like the most logical.

I help host an annual charity fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis. The name of the charity is A Wish for Wendy and it raises money for CF primarily through a softball tournament each November. You can check it out at A Wish for Wendy - A Softball Tournament Benefitting Cystic Fibrosis Research. My softball team plays in this tournament and each of the 16 teams also raises money on its own.

This year our team is holding the event on Saturday, August 22 at 6 PM and it consists of all you can eat and drink, live music, blackjack, a raffle and a silent auction. We are working on getting an athlete to do a signing but chances are slim at this point. However, the silent auction has a bunch of good baseball stuff including items signed by Hall of Famers (Sandberg, Killebrew, Gossage, Winfield, Carew to name a few), current and former Braves, plus others such as Carlos Pena, David Price, and Frank Thomas. There will also be football items from Knowshon Moreno, Michael Turner, Brett Favre, Joe Montana, plus many more. We are expecting around 60 pieces of sports memorabilia plus other non-sports items. Some of it is consigned so those minimums are around wholesale but a lot are personal donations with low minimum bids.

The cost of the event is $35 and is completely tax deductible. Please let me know if you are interested in this great cause and I'll be sure to get you more information.

Thanks for reading!!