Bob Walk PNC Park 9/23

Skizzick

Lifetime Member
Credits
According to Signings Hotline, Bob Walk will be signing with each admission to the Pirates game on 9/23. Anybody want to take my 1980 World Series program for a ROMLB?

SteelerHolic

Premier Member
Credits
Hey, Skizz.....BTW...I've been reading your posts for over a year and a half now...your Cuba stuff was EPIC.

Anyway, Walk travels with the team as an announcer...next time he is in Philly, he'll sign for you. He's really easy too...you might have to wait until next year, but Walk does this free signing for people coming to the games like every month on Thursday day games....

Skizzick

Lifetime Member
Credits
Hey, Skizz.....BTW...I've been reading your posts for over a year and a half now...your Cuba stuff was EPIC.

Anyway, Walk travels with the team as an announcer...next time he is in Philly, he'll sign for you. He's really easy too...you might have to wait until next year, but Walk does this free signing for people coming to the games like every month on Thursday day games....
Thanks, man. I'll probably have to wait until next year to get him, or maybe he'll get signed up as well for the MAB show in December.

just go to piratefest or the pirate caravan stop he will sign whatever you need
Does the caravan stop in the Philly area at all?

Skizzick

Lifetime Member
Credits
Lol why would the caravan stop in the Philly area? And that answer is no.
I don't know. It's a caravan, generally caravans cover long distances and stop in numerous places. At least that's what the semi-nomadic Bedouins do. I figured they were the same thing. Right?

pittgrad0214

Premier Member
born and raised in PA, Now living in Shelbyville K
Credits
no the caravan heads through western pa, west virgina, and ohio. i stopped and got him in ohio, he made a stop there with mccutcheon and john russell. since i am a philly collector i needed russell and a bunch of philly cards, walk on some stuff and mccutcheon is always a bonus. hes really a good guy, we talked about working on the entire 80 team, i asked him if he had a nino esponisa in his collection he would consider selling and he told me he hardly knew the guy

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
Caravans normally travel to the area were their OWN fans would be... in this case .not eastern PA where the fans are Phillies fans. thats all I meant by the post.

mrmain18

Founding Member
Credits
you might have to wait until next year, but Walk does this free signing for people coming to the games like every month on Thursday day games....

Not exactly. The Pirates do alumni signings at all the weekday day games and Walk signs there once a season. He is extremely easy to get other places, including Piratefest (although Piratefest as a whole is a huge clusterf--k) and the caravan. If you do the caravan, just find the furthest east that they go (either Somerset/Seven Springs or Altoona would be my guess) and hit that one, assuming he's on that leg.

www.poppel.com

Premier Member
Credits
No worries. If you can't get him at a signing we usually have him. Once every couple years when he is in town with the Pirates (we've had him twice in last 5 years) he will do a show for us. Typically $12 or so per.