Brooks Robinson Appearance in Harrisburg, PA on 12/16

buccofan

Founding Member
Website
www.ronssportsautographs.info
Credits
The Harrisburg Senators and Ollies Bargain Outlet announce that Hall of Famer Brooks Robinson will appear at the Harrisburg Ollies on Sunday, December 16 from 11am until 2pm. Robinson will sign special Norman Rockwell prints, which will be available for purchase at Ollies on Sunday. The Harrisburg Ollies is located at 6295 Allentown Blvd in Harrisburg.

In addition to Robinson, Rascal and Senators General Manager Randy Whitaker will also be hand. They will have the Senators famous Prize Wheel and information on ticket packages for the coming 2008 season. Rascal will be signing autographs as well.

Robinson spent his entire career with the Baltimore Orioles playing from 1955 to 1977. The 1964 American League Most Valuable Player appeared in 18 All-Star games during his career, starting 11 of them. At the conclusion of his career, the Orioles retired his number 5 in 1977.

Over the years, he earned the nickname of “The Human Vacuum Cleaner” and there is no wonder why. He won
16 Gold Gloves for being the best defensive third baseman in the American League. He played in four different World Series’ for the Orioles, helping them win the series in 1966 and 1970 and though he wasn’t known for his hitting, he batted .263 in 21 World Series games with 3 homers and 14 RBI. In 1970 he was named the Most Valuable Player in the World Series for helping the Orioles defeat the Cincinnati Reds in five games.

Whitaker, the Senators new General Manager, will be on hand to answer questions about the coming Senators season, and to hand out prizes. Whitaker was recently at the Winter Meetings in Nashville, and you can read all about his experience in his blog at Harrisburg Senators - Professional Baseball - Official Site.

The Senators open their 22nd season at home on April 3 by hosting the Cleveland Indians Eastern League Affiliate, Akron Aeros. Seasons tickets and mini-plans are currently on sale for the 2008 season. The Senators merchandise souvenir store is also open daily from 9:00am to 4:30pm at Commerce Bank Park.

alanmoore

Administrator
Staff member
Website
www.sportsgraphing.com
Credits
Brooksie will sign anything you have if there isn't a mob. And even if there is a mob, he will go to town until someone tells him to stop. He simply doesn't know how to say NO.

Bosox044

Cancelled Membership
Credits
Yes he is a very nice guy! I met him at Cooperstown when I was a kid.

GOOGLE

Founding Member
Website
themaniaccollector.blogspot.com
Credits
This is from Brooks website:

"He will only be signing his Norman Rockwell Print, "Gee, Thanks Brooks" purchased at Ollies at a discounted cost of $49.99."

Not really interested in going if I have to shell out $50 for a print and not be able to get my own stuff signed. Has anyone been to one of these signings before, and does anyone know if this is enforced?

JSG1984

Founding Member
Credits
Well, that sucks. I'm hoping that if I shell out the $50 for the print I can get some other stuff signed, because I'm not really sure how many people they are going to have there paying $50 for a print.

big_r

Premier Member
Website
www.bigrsautograph.com
Credits
I'm sure you could get him to do something else if you at least bought the print. I have always wanted to get one of those Rockwell prints signed, but it's just a matter of getting the $50 for it and an event close. I feel like he does more signings in PA than in Baltimore.