Dale Murphy

tnfishdaddy

Founding Member
Credits
He will be at the TN Smokies park signing from 8-9 tonight. I was just wondering what to bring. I have never done a signing like this so don't know what to expect. Will he sign balls or does it have to be a flat item? Not sure what to take. I have my two sons and really don't want to have to stand in line with them if all I can get is a card signed.

tnfishdaddy

Founding Member
Credits
Never mind. I just called and spoke to a nice lady in the office and she said he is signing whatever we want, limited to two per person.

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
He's in the mix with the Brooks Robinsons of the world where I've never heard anything but positive things about what kind of a guy he is. He signed a few cards ttm a few years back, he even sent back my letter with a thank you on it to let me know he read it and appreciated it. That doesn't happen every day. Seems like a classy person

tnfishdaddy

Founding Member
Credits
Well, I struck out. Of course that is the problem with taking 2 little boys who aren't patient enough to wait in a line 2-3 hours. We waited until the end to get in line and they cut us off before we could get in. He was suppose to sign from 8-9 but they didn't cut the line off until about 9:20. Oh well. My boys got a few of the Mississippi Braves pitchers and when they tried to get Coach Wellman to sign after the game, he was a dick to them. If you remember, Wellman is the coach who threw the crazy fit after getting ejected a couple of years ago. He was sitting there talking to some people not signing. My boys who are 5 and 7 and very well mannered held up their stuff and a pen and he chastised them for interrupting. He was a jerk about it and my boys learned a lesson tonight, not everybody involved in baseball is a nice guy. To top it all off, Ryne Sandberg was not even at the game so we didn't get his auto either. Oh well. I spent a great night watching baseball with my sons and we had a good time, even if we didn't get the autographs we wanted.

bowles8

Charter Member
Credits
That stinks Jeff....Were you guys able to come away with anything at all?????

Do you have any idea of why Sandberg was not there???? Hope you guys had a great time...

TheBhamBaron

Lifetime Member
Credits
Ryno's up in Cooperstown through the weekend for HOF festivities.

That stinks Jeff....Were you guys able to come away with anything at all?????

Do you have any idea of why Sandberg was not there???? Hope you guys had a great time...

19Braves77

Charter Member
Credits
Seems like everywhere Dale Murphy has been this year hasn't gone according to plan. In Mobile, they said you could get two items signed per person and that he would be signing for 1 hour. The line started out maybe 150 and quickly multiplied and twenty minutes into the signing they said he would only sign one item per person for the next twenty minutes. After that he got up, and just left the ballpark. I thought this was suppose to be for some type of charity and no one told us anything about it during the game. Typical Mobile.....

Murphy 3

Founding Member
Credits