Dale Murphy

Murphy 3

Founding Member
Credits
Except for the fact that I saw him the week after he was in Mobile. Nice theory though.

Singinsully02

Premier Member
Credits
I went to see Murph in Jackson, TN. I was by myself and ended up getting an 8x10, SI, ball and a pic with. He even put inscriptions with everything. 1982 NL MVP and everything. Real nice guy. People were handing him multiples.

As far as Wellman goes, I've never had a problem with him either. I've seen him multiple (at least 10-15) times and never had a problem. Maybe he was having a bad night.

Max Huff

Premier Member
Credits
I was there at the smokies game. It was packed. I waited 2 hrs for murphy and he only did 1 item. I also got him by the third base dugout where I sat with collectors from salem virginia. I got some mississippi braves then got in line and was through in the 7th inning. the guys that skipped the pregame minor leaguers, many collectors, had to wait two hours as well as he did not sign until after 8pm. Murphy was great. I also reconnected with a collector from atlanta who I used to graph with 15 years ago in Atlanta when I traveled there. He told me he is now 30. Ha, I felt old.