Dodger 2010 Caravan

bluefan25

Lifetime Member
Credits
I went to last years and while it was a strict 1 per, it ran pretty smoothly.

graphgoddess

Premier Member
Credits
if anyone can get me mattingly, please let me know. thanks!

msd1172

Lifetime Member
Credits
if anyone can get me mattingly, please let me know. thanks!

He's not even on the list of confirmed names yet...do you know something that everyone else doesn't?

Also these things are usually extremely poorly run, I mean extremely poorly run. I have been to hundreds of free signings and the 'free' Dodger run events are always among the worst I have attended. I went to one four or five years ago at Universal CityWalk with the marquee guests being Nomar, Eric Gagne and Eddie Murray. When I arrived, I was in the mid thirties as far as people waiting, by the time the signing started some five or six hours later I was literally the 148th person to get a wristband...seriously. People behind me that waited six hours and thought they were a lock to get an autograph were turned away because the line, which was totally unregulated, swelled so much. I know when I went two years ago, they sold tickets at the venue (which helped tremendously in maintaining crowd control) but knowing how these things are and the fact that unless you're the first in line, there are no guarantees of anything...not to mention players cancel at the last minute all the time on these, I know of at least three players that I specifically went for that did not show.

Good luck getting someone to help you get Mattingly considering he will be one of the top names, if not "the" top name, barring a Joe Torre or Manny appearance which is about as likely as Sandy Koufax showing up.

Not trying to be negative, just trying to relay a realistic view of how these events are. The Dodgers, and the Angels for the most part are just not good at allowing access to their star players, unless you want to spend $500 to take twilight BP.

uclalumni

Premier Member
Credits
I would agree with msd.

While last year's event was smoother than past years, there are still 100's of fans who cannot be accomodated in the alloted 1.5 hours. And 1 auto per person is almost always strictly enforced.

It'd certainly be nice if the Dodgers had a Fanfest, but it would probably be a zoo. Just like if the Yankees held one.

I'm going because I need some of the confirmed current/former players on multi-signed stuff and they are in a "sit down" environment (i.e. not "rushed" sigs). But I still need to take the day(s) off and wait all day for them.

If "goddess" really needs Mattingly, your best bet is to work something out at the upcoming Tri-State event. Those prices are pretty cheap compared to the recent MAB show in NYC.