FREE SIGNINGS: Mitch Williams, Larry Anderson, Otis Nixon, Neil Walker, etc

JBsouthFan

Founding Member
Credits
11/10/08

Larry Anderson - 7pm - ? - Chickie’s & Pete’s, 1526 Packer Ave, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Mitch “Wild Thing: Williams - - 7pm - ? - Chickie’s & Pete’s, 1526 Packer Ave, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
11/14/08

Otis Nixon - 5pm - 7pm - Cobb County Civic Center, 548 S Marietta Pkwy, Marietta, Georgia
Jeff Karstens - 5:30pm - 6:30pm - Bryce Jordan Center: Penn State, 127 Byce Jordan Center, University Park, Pennsylvania
Neil Walker - 5:30pm - 6:30pm - Bryce Jordan Center: Penn State, 127 Byce Jordan Center, University Park, Pennsylvania
Sean Burnette - 5:30pm - 6:30pm - Bryce Jordan Center: Penn State, 127 Byce Jordan Center, University Park, Pennsylvania

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits
Anyone in Philly that can see Mitch Williams please PM me!

alanmoore

Administrator
Staff member
Website
www.sportsgraphing.com
Credits
I am amazed he is going to a bar in Philly. Amazing. Hope Larry Anderson brought a guy to protect him.

A bar - Philly - Drunk Phillie Fans - Wild Thing Williams. Nuf said!

SoBrave

Charter Member
Credits
I think Mitch Williams was even off the hook about a year or so ago. He started appearing on TV, Radio and in public doing signings for BC Sports. There has never really been any trouble for the last couple of years. Like the person previously stated.......WORLD CHAMPIONS.

Mitch You Are Off The Hook

phillysportz

Charter Member
Credits
So the signing was last night? Maybe Im reading it wrong. I'm assuming they just appeared on the show Monday Night Live which gets taped there and its hit or miss whether you get any of them from what I hear. I hear its worse lately but I never got around to going. Was there to watch an NLCS game and saw Hugh Douglas there though.

As far as security, people dont care anymore. I think philly gets a bad rap for being passionate about its sports teams. Mitch has been around working for the past two years so people stopped talking about it. But no doubt, for about three-five years following him blowing it, he def. needed the security. He had all sorts of threats against him.

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
Thats true phillysportz..bad rap all around the country for the fans of Philly. And its unfortunate. Mitch did take alot of crap for what happened in 93 but he himself was man enough to own up to it at the time and now. If anyone ever saw him after that....and I mean immediately AFTER the homerun...he knew he screwed up..even today he will say.."you have to make the pitches in that situation and I didnt make the pitches..I screwed up". In fact I heard him say that during this years series. I personally have always admired the guy for taking responsiblity for what happened. Sure its a bad memory for me LOL but its not like he blamed anyone else for what happened. Its too bad that people have acted like jerks towards him....I always found his honesty refreshing. I was at a signing he did locallly a year or so ago and he was very personable. He's not the bad guy others make him out to be.