Jim Covert Help

qriggins

Premier Member
Credits
I am presently attempting to obtain the signatures of every member of the Super Bowl XX Bears on their 1986 Topps cards. I have not been able to obtain Jim Covert's signature thus far. It appears he is signing at the following Osco Drug this Friday:

Jewel-Osco
7525 Lake St
River Forest,
Illinois

If there are any members headed there who could help me out with his signature I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

jdub19999

Premier Member
Credits
How far along are you? I am working on an 85 Bears full size. I got Covert at the Bears Convention few years ago. Need a couple heavy hitters (Dent, McMahon, Wilson, Marshall) left and I will be done for the starters. Good luck

kenoshacub

Premier Member
Credits
How far along are you? I am working on an 85 Bears full size. I got Covert at the Bears Convention few years ago. Need a couple heavy hitters (Dent, McMahon, Wilson, Marshall) left and I will be done for the starters. Good luck

Dent is starting to show up more. Wilson is always around. And if you feel comfortable sending it TTM, McMahon is a great signer that way. Usually a week turn around. Wilbur Marshall is going to be tough. He's not around that much. I'm glad i have my full size and football done with every member of the team. One of the hardest ones is Richardson, and he just did a signing a week or so ago. Good luck to you.

qriggins

Premier Member
Credits
I have a good portion of the team. I need Gault, McKinnon, Hampton, Dent, Singletary, Covert, Hilgenberg and Marshall. I have TTM out to McKinnon and think I have a decent shot at getting it back. Hampton appears to have quit TTM. I also have a card out to Wilson with a donation to the Otis Wilson foundation. I inadvertently talked to Otis on the phone and he said he would sign the card with a donation but I have not received it yet. Marshall is the one I'm most worried about obtaining.

I am actually working on the project for my son. He was born seven months ago and named after my dad who was a huge Bears fan. Superbowl XX was the last game we got to watch together as he was killed in an accident that summer. As soon as I have the last card I'm going to matt and frame the cards and put them on his bedroom wall.

qriggins

Premier Member
Credits
Hilgenberg is signing tonight.

I wish I could have got my rookie card to somone in advance. If anyone hears of him making another appearance and can help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks everyone for your help thus far.

Quentin

kenoshacub

Premier Member
Credits
I could help you out with Hampton and some of those other guys if the make the rounds, which they seem to be doing since this is the 25th anniversary of the super bowl. I will keep my eyes open and let you know. You're correct though, Marshall will be hard, he wasn't in the greatest of shape when I got him a couple years ago. And if you need McMahons address let me know, he's money TTM.

greedy19

Lifetime Member
Credits
Any of you going to see Dent on the 22nd? I agree with what you all said. Marshall will be tough. I got him at the first Bears convention. I remember him doing some of his signing time standing up, as he said his back was that messed up from all the hits.

jdub19999

Premier Member
Credits
Any of you going to see Dent on the 22nd? I agree with what you all said. Marshall will be tough. I got him at the first Bears convention. I remember him doing some of his signing time standing up, as he said his back was that messed up from all the hits.

Where is Dent at? I need him and if anyone can take a full size let me know. We can work out something to 50/50 or a fee. Thanks guys